Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a front porch you set out on, or an out back deck?

Live in a ranch style home with a porch that runs along the front, and we also have a sunroom in the back of the house. Definitely sit in the sunroom more often, although we do keep two chairs on the front porch when the weather is nice. What I can't figure out are neighbors with really nice decks who park their chairs in the driveway and just watch everything that goes on.

Honored Contributor

No room on the front porch for chairs. Have a cement slab 12x14 off the kitchen that faces a wooded area.

Honored Contributor

I have a covered patio that looks toward the Sandia Mountains which are on the East side of Albuquerque. I sit out there every summer evening with a glass of wine and watch the sun set on the mountains. They turn a vivid mauve color for about 10 minutes most days. We don't have mosquitos so I'm not bothered by bugs. I stream music on the iPad and just kick back.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I have a long covered front porch where I sit in the summer to avoid the heat.

A deck is in the back, and I use it the other 3 seasons if I can. The squirrels and birds "talk" to me.

Honored Contributor

We have a wide front porch that we occasionally sit on--not very often, and a small patio off the front walk, but it is mostly decorative. Out back we have a patio and a deck that we use a lot for breakfast in nice weather, and a 2nd story deck that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Trusted Contributor

We have a deck on the side of our house, and we have a front porch that's screened in.

We spend most of the time on the screened porch, we live in a woodsy area and it keeps the bugs away...it's my favorite place to sit when weather permits.

It's not all that big, but its big enough to hold two anti-gravity chairs and two end tables comfortably, with ample room to walk through the middle to get inside the front door.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2014 kachina624 said: I have a covered patio that looks toward the Sandia Mountains which are on the East side of Albuquerque. I sit out there every summer evening with a glass of wine and watch the sun set on the mountains. They turn a vivid mauve color for about 10 minutes most days. We don't have mosquitos so I'm not bothered by bugs. I stream music on the iPad and just kick back.

The mountains in the SW are awesome. I lived in Sedona and Prescott...the mountains turn colors...ita it's beautiful.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Sedona has to be one of the most beautiful places in the US. Too bad it couldn't have been a national park.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I have a front and bak porch. The back is shaded all day. The front does not get shade til about 4:00 in the heat of summer, so I use the front porch later in the day/evening.

Super Contributor

I live in NY city and have a small house with a small porch. I love my porch.