Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite trick, secret, shortcut for anything..cooking, cleaning, pets, fashion, e

@Tique wrote:

@aroc3435 wrote:

@beckyb1012   Do you have a lobster cracker gadget or a nutcracker, or a pair of pliers.  In a pinch I have used one of these to open up a stubborn cap.  Take a cotton table napkin or kitchen towel or a clean waffle dish cloth and cover the cap with it; put grippers around that and twist.  

It has given me just enough grip to remove the cap or lid.

Of course, now I have two different types of jar opener gadgets purchased from the Q to "cover" the removal of stubborn caps and lids!

Best of luck,

aroc3435 

@beckyb1012   If @aroc3435 's suggestion doesn't work, try opening the bottle while wearing a pair of rubber gloves. Not the fitted kind that many are wearing out now - the big clumsy looking ones that people wear when washing dishes. They will help you to grip while you turn the bottle and release the pressure.

I will have to try that @Tique .  Tool drawer wise all I have is a Hammer or I would try @aroc3435 advice as well. 

Even at Christmas time to wrap presents I have to remember to take my scotch tape dispenser from my office home with me.  I am pathetic especially for someone who as not lived with any "muscle" for honey do's chores since 1999.  Thanks for all the great tips.  I have been tempted to saw it open with butcher knife but my luck I would just remove a finger or two.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite trick, secret, shortcut for anything..cooking, cleaning, pets, fashion, e

Yes, this: 

25F718FB-3008-474F-BE42-3D9ACD43857B.jpeg

O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop & Bucket System -about 29. Bucks

Cuts mopping time in half. Easy. I have hardwood floors throughout and I can go from room to room in an instant. Great on my ceramic bathroom too. 

⚓️