Valued Contributor

Do you have a favorite trick, secret, shortcut for anything..cooking, cleaning, pets, fashion, etc?

I love my strawberry huller gadget...one of my favorites..

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite trick, secret, shortcut for anything..cooking, cleaning, pets, fashion, e

[ Edited ]

@Styleovertrend wrote:

I love my strawberry huller gadget...one of my favorites..

@Styleovertrend @Funny you should mention this. My husband has been asking why I don't use mine, and instead, keep using a paring knife. I'll have to start using it again.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite trick, secret, shortcut for anything..cooking, cleaning, pets, fashion, e

The gadget that opens up my bottles of water, pickle jars etc.  Any thing that screws on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only that I vowed never to be one of those people who run outside when someone drives up, or tells their kids no one can come in the house. Our farm house was open to anyone, even if not immaculate.

So I do 15 minutes of housecleaning each day. Swiffer, vacuum, lightly dust and spiff up the bathroom. Dishes are put in the sink until DH washes them after our evening meal.  That way, if someone stops by, I happily say "come on in". My mother was gracious that way and so am I.

Esteemed Contributor

@Styleovertrend  I use my slotted spurtle to empty ketchup and BBQ sauce bottles. I put it over a bowl or cup and put the bottle upside down on top. Only takes a few minutes. Takes a little longer for honey.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

The gadget that opens up my bottles of water, pickle jars etc.  Any thing that screws on.

This is what I have......

proxy-image.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

I think I need that!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shred pork, chicken or beef for BBQ with KitchenAid stand mixer.

Place roasted or boiled meat in KA bowl while still warm.  I understand it doesn't work if meat is cold. Using flat beater blade with mixer speed on #2, run for about 30 seconds.  Watch closely as it can quickly become meat mush.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems like most of my house cleaning has become a shortcut instead of some serious cleaning! Seriously, the Kuhn-Rikon pull-cord food chopper that was recommended on the Kitchen Forum is a real time saver for me. I watched the David-presentation on video and ordered it. So simple to use and not at all expensive. Makes chopping onions and any other veggies or fruits so easy and fast! So glad I discovered this neat little product!

Not so much a shortcut, but since my kitchen is small, I take care of dirty dishes right away...I never leave them until later. It's just easier to do them as I go.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

This is what I have......

proxy-image.jpg

i may have to get one of these for my mother for christmas!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein