Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite meal?

A lobster salad roll and a side order of onion rings. It's usually just a Summer treat though.

Respected Contributor

I love a lot of things but Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and creamed peas and fresh biscuit would be at the top of my list.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I love BREAKFAST....big breakfast!!! Bacon, eggs, grits & biscuits (born up north but grew up in the south) and a side of buttermilk pancakes! I can eat breakfast 3 meals a day. Thank God my beagles need lots of exercise and I walk miles w/ them every day!!

Oh me too! I don't eat meat and breakfast is one meal that is bountiful choices for a vegetarianSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I like a thick cut pork chop and applesauce.

OR

I like a thick cut ribeye steak and baked potato.

It is basically a toss up between those two... ❤️ 'Em Both!! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

im not fussy with food. favorate food is any thing with pasta. i dont care for salad thought. if my wife makes a taco salad thats really good.

Honored Contributor

After all the great turkey meals...the meatloaf and mashed potatoes the other night was wonderful! LOL

Respected Contributor

I can't say I have a favorite meal.  I like a lot of foods.  It has to be good food though.  If I'm going to eat pizza, it has to be good pizza.  LOL

I love a nice piece of grilled fish.  I love potatoes and pasta and rice.  I eat a lot of vegetables and salads. 

Respected Contributor

Steak and lobster on the grill.

Then all things Mexican

Thai

I also love Swiss Steak with tomatoes and onions, with mashed potatoes.   My husband hates this so I never make it.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

As long as there are potatoes involved, I don't care what else is served. I'm not a fussy eater.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

In my cooking days, I loved making and serving chicken cacciatore.  I also made the best lasagna (a little braggadocio there, LOL). 

Nowadays I don't eat meat or poultry anymore.  My favorite dish is anything served with fresh salmon.

@LilacTree, oh boy.  You and my DH may have to have a cook-off - lol.  His lasagna is out of this world.  He makes a HUGE tray of it - once a year - for Christmas.  Back in the day we used to have 20+ people for Christmas dinner.  Hubby made his lasagna, I made a ham, baked stuffed potatoes, bacon wrapped asparagus and salad.  Every single year hubby's mom would rave about dinner and tell me I made the best lasagna she ever ate.  Every single year I told her that her son made it.  Every single year she would laugh.  She went to her grave thinking I made the lasagna!  We still laugh about it every Christmas when we have hubby's lasagna and we then toast his mom!  And I'm with you regarding salmon - my favorite as I eat very little red meat.

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

One year long ago my daughters had a Halloween party at our house and asked me to make lasagna.  I made 10 full sized lasagnas (used aluminum pans).  At the end of the night, there were none left!!

I have to get ready for a doc appt, but when I get back I will give you my recipe and we can compare with your DH's!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986