Honored Contributor

Do you have a favorite meal?

I like a grilled steak, baked potato, salad, and a veg. I'm not one for pasta or things heavily sauced. I don't care for rice either

The older I get it seems the pickier I am about food. Some of it is by necessity, and some by choice

In my old age I am a type 2 diabetic, so I shy away from starches

I like grilled meat or fish the best

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite meal?

Steak

Chicken and dumplings

Thanksgiving meal

Honored Contributor

I love BREAKFAST....big breakfast!!! Bacon, eggs, grits & biscuits (born up north but grew up in the south) and a side of buttermilk pancakes! I can eat breakfast 3 meals a day. Thank God my beagles need lots of exercise and I walk miles w/ them every day!!

Honored Contributor

Chinese food - which is my favorite depends on which restaurant I go to. I like so many dishes, but sometimes a place where I love Dish A doesn't do Dish B well

Tacos - Breakfast, carnitas, al Pastor, chicken or beef, I just love tacos. Smiley Happy

The Miso Salmon from The Cheesecake Factory.

Honored Contributor

In my cooking days, I loved making and serving chicken cacciatore.  I also made the best lasagna (a little braggadocio there, LOL). 

Nowadays I don't eat meat or poultry anymore.  My favorite dish is anything served with fresh salmon.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

The Thanksgiving fare and I always and did eat again like I am living the life of three linebackers.  Back to salads till Christmas then start saving up for next year.

Do love Texas Barbecue when I allow myself the indulgence.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite meal is anything salmon!  And I'll eat salmon for breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snack!  I buy a whole filet of salmon and slice into individual portions.  And when I make my salmon meal I make it up as I go - some Wisterschire  (sp) sauce, or maple syrup, or  brown sugar, or lemon juice and other ingredients I may find in fridge or cabinets!  And staying on the salmon story I also love for any time of day a lox and bagel sandwich - some lox, everything bagel, cream cheese, butter, onion, smoked salmon, salmon salad or whitefish salad, sweet muenster cheese, tomato - oh my - may not be the healthiest but it is good every once in a while!  I'm getting hungry!!!

Honored Contributor

Mine is either bow tie or penne pasta with chicken, broccoli or spinach and mushrooms in an alfredo sauce. 

I could eat it every day of the week!

Respected Contributor

I always would say "bacon, fresh green peas, and milk " if I was stranded on an island.

I have several favorite meals

squab and red cabbage

lamb chops, peas and rice

anything Thai or Chinese

Lox and bagels.

Unfortunately I am now type 2 and many of those things are forbidden.

Honored Contributor

I love meat, and am very happy with a hamburger and fries, or a ribeye steak with fries.   I also love spaghetti and lasagna with garlic bread.   My absolute favorite meal of all is a plate of pinto beans, fried potatoes, cornbread, slaw and a big slice of onion.