Valued Contributor

Do you have a favorite line from any of your favorite movies? Something that stuck with you...

One for me is in Gladiator when Richard Harris tells Joaquin Phoenix "Your faults as a son is my failures as a father." This was when Joaquin's character gets passed over for Russell Crowe's character. Love Richard Harris-any of his lines. He could really deliver.

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite line from any of your favorite movies? Something that stuck with you...

Judy Parfitt's line in "Dolores Claiborne":

"Sometimes being a b**** is all a woman has to hang onto."

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite line from any of your favorite movies? Something that stuck with you...

"Tomorrow is another day".  From Gone With the Wind 

Honored Contributor

In Steel Magnolias when Clairee says, " The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize." I love that movie and there are so many quotable lines !  🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Mine is from the TV show Law & Order, D.A. Arthur Branch...Sometimes the good you do won't do you any good. 

Respected Contributor

I love and often say, "Nobody puts baby in a corner." Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing

And  "I'll be back!" Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Terminator movies and several of his other movies. it's his catch phrase and mine.

Honored Contributor

From "Moonstruck":

Best weekend dc GIF - Find on GIFER

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

This line from Urban Cowboy got stuck in my head for some reason.  It's funny - and creepy.  Travolta delivered it so well - 

"All cowboys aint dumb.  Some of 'em got smarts real good, like me."

Honored Contributor

"Snap out of it!" From Moonstruck.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think you know what it means." From the Princess Bride.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

"l'll have what she's having".  From When Harry Met Sally .

"Frankly my dear I don't give a ******". From Gone With The Wind.