Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite day to get groceries?

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla wrote:

@Liverbird1 wrote:

Target always seem to stock shelves in the day , blocking the aisles .I think maybe they cannot get anybody to work the night shift ?

We pass a Walmart and they have many signs in front of the store. They are hiring people to stock shelves at night. The sign says the pay starts at $18.50 an hour. 

I have never seen a walmart stock shelves, at night not even before covid.  From what I hear from employees they do not get straight shifts and sometimes work late and caome back early morning.  This was before covid.  If employees were treated right they would not have issues getting people to work.At least this is what employees have told me.  I do see a lot of employees shopping to fill pick up orders everytime I go in and their carts take up a lot of room. I do know they need to hire more cashiers so people with 100 items are not in self check out lol

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

I don't have a certain day, but I do like to go to Sam's or Costco right at opening time.....

I have never had a certain day to shop.  I usually buy what is needed at the time.  Yes I am one of those people who shop several times a week lol  I do like to go early mornings though before it gets busy

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Spurt --just horrible!!! Well, I tip generously no matter what--those folks are working hard and I appreciate their work.

@wagirl 

Yep, ITA---I appreciate the Instacart workers and let them know in Chat,  my tip and "rate your order"comments....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

@Liverbird1 wrote:

Target always seem to stock shelves in the day , blocking the aisles .I think maybe they cannot get anybody to work the night shift ?

We pass a Walmart and they have many signs in front of the store. They are hiring people to stock shelves at night. The sign says the pay starts at $18.50 an hour. 

I have never seen a walmart stock shelves, at night not even before covid.  From what I hear from employees they do not get straight shifts and sometimes work late and caome back early morning.  This was before covid.  If employees were treated right they would not have issues getting people to work.At least this is what employees have told me.  I do see a lot of employees shopping to fill pick up orders everytime I go in and their carts take up a lot of room. I do know they need to hire more cashiers so people with 100 items are not in self check out lol

@sunshine 919 

I cant speak for Walmart but I do know that both our grocery store, HEB, and Instacart does reward their employees with incentives and bonuses! And HEB has excellent benefits too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

@Liverbird1 wrote:

@sunshine 919 

I cant speak for Walmart but I do know that both our grocery store, HEB, and Instacart does reward their employees with incentives and bonuses! And HEB has excellent benefits too....

I totally appreciate companies who appreciate their employees.  That is all it takes to keep good employees.  I hear Costco has always treated employees good, however I have not had a conversation with any of them.  I will next time I go inSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@tansy ---not understanding your question---yes the groceries are delivered to my door--not if because they are---

@wagirl @tansy 

I use Instacart..... and have gotten to know a few of the same shoppers that have shopped/delivered my groceries......They have told me that have had to delivery groceries from COSTCO (large quantities) to 4th floor apartments in the 100 degree heat here in Texas, and sometimes they dont even get a tip!!! (tips are optional, there are some customers that are inconsiderate!)

@Spurt 

I wonder if the mandatory tip varies by state. I am in Southern California and I have used Instacart two or three times during the height of COVID. There was a mandatory tip. (Paltry amount) I tipped more then the suggestion, but it was on my final amount due.

My SIL uses Instacart frequently, especially for Costco orders. I remember speaking to her after she had received a delivery during COVID and she had tipped them $40.00. I was like what?? She felt that they were risking their life for her and that it was warranted. Obviously not all consumers feel that way. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@tansy ---not understanding your question---yes the groceries are delivered to my door--not if because they are---

@wagirl @tansy 

I use Instacart..... and have gotten to know a few of the same shoppers that have shopped/delivered my groceries......They have told me that have had to delivery groceries from COSTCO (large quantities) to 4th floor apartments in the 100 degree heat here in Texas, and sometimes they dont even get a tip!!! (tips are optional, there are some customers that are inconsiderate!)

@Spurt 

I wonder if the mandatory tip varies by state. I am in Southern California and I have used Instacart two or three times during the height of COVID. There was a mandatory tip. (Paltry amount) I tipped more then the suggestion, but it was on my final amount due.

My SIL uses Instacart frequently, especially for Costco orders. I remember speaking to her after she had received a delivery during COVID and she had tipped them $40.00. I was like what?? She felt that they were risking their life for her and that it was warranted. Obviously not all consumers feel that way. 

@icezeus 

The way it works here the tip is strictly OPTIONAL, however, the APP/Website always gives several suggestions for tipping as a way to encourage customers to tip.....Here's what the Instacart website says:

Tips are optional but a great way to show your shoppers appreciation and recognition for their excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper delivering your order. The default tip is 5%. There is a minimum suggested tip of $2 per individual store delivery. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt 

I think you are correct after reading what you posted. I have only used them two or three times, and the more I think about it perhaps what I saw was a suggested optional tip. 

Respected Contributor

No

Every day becomes a more difficult day to find groceries!