Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite chef or cook?

I will say that I miss the old format of the Food Network.  I liked the cooking shows vs the competitions.  The Two Fat Ladies were the best.  RIP Jennifer Paterson

Respected Contributor

@BornToShopwrote:

The Pioneer Woman & David Venable!

That's interesting....I've never seen David cook anything. He just stirs stuff. It also seems like he is not the creator of his recipes because often he doesn't know what the ingredients are and has to ask someone. Glad you enjoy him, though.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal     You do know  that  Clarissa Dixon Wright has also passed ,don't you?

Her books are so wonderful,  such fun, and so filled with interesting  tidbits. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry- I did not.  So sad.  They were just the right combination.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal    If you go to youtube  you can see some wonderful programs Clarissa made after Jennifer passed. They are wonderful. She also did a interview with a priest from the Anglican church and talked very candidly about her life and  her faith

For anyone that loves them ,it is so brilliant

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry- thank you.  will check it out

Honored Contributor

Ree Drummond and Trisha Yearwood

DH and I went to The Mercantile last summer and the wait to get into Ree’s restaurant was so long. Just went shopping instead. Lovely time.

Trusted Contributor

Ina Garten, Ellie Krieger, Bridget Lancaster and Julia Collin Davison and Laura Vitale.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Super Contributor

@deepwaterdotter, yes, I'm pretty sure that was him! He was big on Cajun cooking, and did have some odd pronunciations and French-sounding words, too. Was fun watching him.

Valued Contributor

@Oznell

I agree with you - I always loved Mary Ann Esposito.  Jacque Pepin is great. I like his  elegant style. .  

I admire so many of them, but I really love Vivian Howard.  Her show is great. A Chef's Life, is the title, I think.