Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite chef or cook?

@cherry I agree i think Julia Child paved the way and I enjoyed her shows.........

Ina, Lidia, and Trishia actually have recipies that I will/can actually make.....

Martha Stewart is very informative.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy watching and learning from Ina. Her manner of speaking, her stories and her easy way around the kitchen are very entertaining. I watch her videos and have prepared a few of her dishes. Her roast chicken and roasted potatoes were winning dishes; so simple yet soooooooo good!

I also enjoy Lidia. Although I don't cook her dishes, I enjoy watching her cook them. I wish I could smell them!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

BTW I really get a kick out of those funny Jack In The Box commercials with Martha Stewart vs Jack ready to fight it out on who makes the best "gourmet sandwiches".......  It shows Martha has a good sense of humor to do those........Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One cooking Show I couldn't stand was the Frugal Goumet. Come to find out, he was a sexual preditor, so, I guess I have redeemed myself ,for liking the guy from NOLA

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite is Ina.  I enjoy hearing her stories, her recipes are delicious, and I really enjoy her relationship with Jeffrey.   DH really likes Ellie Krieger.

I also like Nancy Fuller, Nick Stellino, Kevin Belton, Bobby Flay, and almost all of the cooking show chefs.  All of their programs are very different.  

I, too, enjoy Rachael Ray's recipes, as well as Valerie Bertinelli and Patricia Heaton.  I find that I just learn so much from all of them.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

Julia Child, of course. There was a show on PBS called Yan Can Cook, I must've liked it as I bought a wok and his cookbook. Justin Wilson, a Louisianan I believe, was awesome, and there was a woman who did vegetarian cooking, also PBS, that's all there was at the time. Haven't seen her name mentioned.

I still to this day mimic Justin Wilson, by pouring some salt into my hand, then from my hand into a teaspoon measure, and say "That's a teaspoon" to anyone who's around.

Respected Contributor

I am in the Lidia and Ina camp.

I need a calm no frills presentation. I like what I call clean food with out all of the pretentiousness that some of the tv chefs display.

I adore Ina's chicken and Lidia's meatballs. 

My mother loved Julia Child and had her cookbooks. She made her beef bourguignon.  Julia lived here in town for many years. We would run into her at farmer's mkt on Saturdays. She was a character.

Trusted Contributor

My favorite is Bobby Flay. I like Lidia and Ina. 

Honored Contributor

@summerwindwrote:

Julia Child, of course. There was a show on PBS called Yan Can Cook, I must've liked it as I bought a wok and his cookbook. Justin Wilson, a Louisianan I believe, was awesome, and there was a woman who did vegetarian cooking, also PBS, that's all there was at the time. Haven't seen her name mentioned.

I still to this day mimic Justin Wilson, by pouring some salt into my hand, then from my hand into a teaspoon measure, and say "That's a teaspoon" to anyone who's around.

Wasn't Justin Wilson the chef who talked about "on-yons" (onions)?

Respected Contributor

The Pioneer Woman & David Venable!