Regular Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite chef or cook?

I love watching Ree Drummond. She's so real and down to earth, and I love her beautiful family.❤  I would to visit their new mercantile!

Respected Contributor

I read recently that Alton Brown will have a new Food Network show coming out this year, based on "Good Eats".  I think it's called Return Of The Eats or something like that, but not sure when it will debut.

Valued Contributor

I like Rick Bayless. Love his kitchen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some I enjoy watching but have not make their recipes - Ree Drummond,Trisha Yearwood, Jacques Pepin (with her daughter) - their personalities shine through.

I have made and do enjoy Ina's recipes for both savory and desserts. So happy she willl have a few new episodes comig up. Made many of Martha's cookie recipes. I really loved her show way way back in the 80s or 90s? It was a mix of cooking, gardening, pets and home.

I used many recipes from America's Test Kitchen - like their explanations and product testing. Bridget and Julia are fantastic.

Gotta give props to Jula Child - she never took herself too seriously. Saw her kitchen in the Smithsonian.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy watching many TV chef's and cooking shows but when it comes down to it, I relate more to Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman.  No, her recipes certainly aren't gourmet, low cal, low carb, low anything, but she seems down to earth and a home cook like me.

Valued Contributor

I like Nancy Fuller and Ina Garten and sometimes the Pioneer Woman

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy the ones that are trained chefs.  I have learned a lot from them over the years.

Loved Pierre Farney and Julia Child.  I have always enjoyed Jacques Pepin.  

Valued Contributor

In no particular order, Valerie Bertinelli, Trisha Yearwood, Lidia B., Rachael Ray, Ina Garten The Barefoot Contessa, The Pioneer Woman, and Tyler Florence, whom I haven’t seen in awhile.
Honored Contributor

I don’t cook.  I put veggies and chicken or fish in the microwave.  That’s the extent of my cooking.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Demaris Phillips, Anne Burrell and Tyler Florence.