Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite catsup?

@Moonchilde I did not even know they made this, I swear I need to get out more, LOL!

Trusted Contributor

Always had Heinz growing up and have stuck with it! But if a restaurant has Hunt's or some other brand I really can't tell the difference!

(Used to always put ketchup on French Fries but also like A-1 Sauce if it is available!)

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Thanks, @momtochloe, that's an okay carb count by me. I only use catsup for burgers, fries and other fried foods, dip & dab, so not usually any huge amount at a time.

Me, too @Moonchilde just burgers, which I usually eat as a pattie, not a sandwich.  I can't think of anything else I use it for, and it doesn't have to be TJ's for me, just that I happen to really like that one. 

Since I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, I've been generally very pleased with the lowER carb counts of many TJs products than mainstream brands in the supermarket. They know their clientele, which to some extent overlaps with Whole Foods and people wanting healthier, if not all organic all the time. I am a long-time TJs fan but that made me like them all the more.

There are some foods where Carbs are All AFAIC, and I stick strictly to sugar-free options. But there are some foods I can't do that with because of taste, and I'd rather do lower than "No." So the catsup is just one more 😍 Reason.

Mustard? Can't.do.French's. Prefer Dijon, Dijonnaise or brown.

@Moonchilde

That's why I mentioned French's, I could be the only one here who likes it, from childhood, on their hot dog, lol.

Other than that, and hot dogs are few and far between, I use Grey Poupon most of the time, sometimes the one with seeds.  Oh, I also like sweet,hot mustard.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 I was given French's as a child too - weren't we all, lol. But I never liked it even as a kid. As a 12 year old, if given a hot dog and condiments I'd take catsup over French's (gag). Would never do that as an adult.  Actually my favorite dog now would have relish & onions or sauerkraut and I could even skip the mustard.  With corn dogs? Honey mustard or similar. Corn dogs=guilty pleasure.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

HEINZ or Nothing.

Respected Contributor

HEINZ.

The only thing I put catsup on is French Fries though.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Oh lawd.  An argument on a catsup thread.  ROFLOL

I only buy organic catsup.  Either the one from Aldi or Nature's Basket which is my grocery store's brand.

@Lipstickdiva

I doubt it has anything to do with ketchup. 

Really?  "An internet warrior" if you like a ketchup?  SMH

From Urban Dictionary:

"Internet warrior:

"People with very empty lives that try to act tough on the internet, little realising they're making themselves look like total idiots. The only pleasure they have in life is signing into sites like YouTube and leaving stupid comments and sending people stupid messages. Usually they can barely spell or form a coherent sentence."

Niiiiiiice to call someone that for no intelligible reason.  Of course, it's possible they didn't know the meaning. But then why... Nah. I'm going with intentional. Over liking one store's catsup.

Respected Contributor

Organic any brand, the flavor is much more intense. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 I was given French's as a child too - weren't we all, lol. But I never liked it even as a kid. As a 12 year old, if given a hot dog and condiments I'd take catsup over French's (gag). Would never do that as an adult.  Actually my favorite dog now would have relish & onions or sauerkraut and I could even skip the mustard.  With corn dogs? Honey mustard or similar. Corn dogs=guilty pleasure.

Ahhh... I can relax with you and say "catsup" @Moonchilde  I said it once before on Viewpoints and one person, no longer here, really tore into me.  It seemed she had never heard it before.

In northern CA, it's almost a crime to put catsup on a hotdog.  Just sayin' Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Ahhh... I can relax with you and say "catsup" @Moonchilde  I said it once before on Viewpoints and one person, no longer here, really tore into me.  It seemed she had never heard it before.

In northern CA, it's almost a crime to put catsup on a hotdog.  Just sayin' Woman LOL

Oh, I'd never put it on a hot dog now! The (gag) was meant for the catsup as a child that I'd shudder at now ;-)