Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite catsup?

@stuyvesant wrote:

It's interesting, though - when you get context.

Next time you see someone say "I love their catsup," you know you're dealing with an internet warrior, someone who is saying, "I don't care about this stuff.  I like the taste."  

So if you do care about that stuff, you can take that into account.  And then talk about some other delicious stiuff they make.

Can you please spell out exactly what you're saying here? I have no idea what you mean. 

And were you actually wanting to know what kind of ketchup people liked, or did you have another agenda in posting this question? If so, what are you trying to learn?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hunt's, it's cheap and widely-available. I usually have a coupon too.

Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

Next time you see someone say "I love their catsup," you know you're dealing with an internet warrior, someone who is saying, "I don't care about this stuff.  I like the taste."  

So if you do care about that stuff, you can take that into account.  And then talk about some other delicious stiuff they make.

Can you please spell out exactly what you're saying here? I have no idea what you mean. 

And were you actually wanting to know what kind of ketchup people liked, or did you have another agenda in posting this question? If so, what are you trying to learn?

I don't understand the internet catsup warrior thing either...

Honored Contributor

This is one condiment that I avoid because I never liked it.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 - 1/2 cup brown sugar. 

Sorry about that!

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

@noodleann

The OP posted a rant against Trader Joe's in the now-bumped thread. It didn't go their way. The usual I love this or that at TJs posts followed, and two posters said they loved TJs catsup and preferred it to any other. One of these posters had countermanded the OPs rant and presume she is unhappy about that.

Immediately THIS thread popped up. Just a way to get support to diss the other posters in the other thread. Pretty straightforward timeline.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have a ketchup preference (I don't use it often enough to care), but my husband buys Heinz consistently.

My thing is mustard.  I usually have 5-6 different varieties open at one time in the fridge...yellow, stadium, chinese, dijon, horseradish, etc., because I like them all for different things.

ETA: I do have brand preferences for at least 4 of my mustard types, and my favorite dijon is Trader Joe's Woman Tongue 

Esteemed Contributor

Heinz has organic ketchup. Sprouts has a good organic ketchup. Whole Foods has a ketchup called 365. All you have to do is just look at your local grocery store.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

@noodleann

The OP posted a rant against Trader Joe's in the now-bumped thread. It didn't go their way. The usual I love this or that at TJs posts followed, and two posters said they loved TJs catsup and preferred it to any other. One of these posters had countermanded the OPs rant and presume she is unhappy about that.

Immediately THIS thread popped up. Just a way to get support to diss the other posters in the other thread. Pretty straightforward timeline.

I said nothing rude or nasty in that thread and neither did anybody who disagreed with me.  The thread is still there.  That thread is still there, and I think you are wrong to follow me to this thread.

Honored Contributor

there's only one kind

Heinz