Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite catsup?

Mainly I use ketchup to make cocktail sauce for cold shrimp.  For that, I like Hunt's No-Salt.

The Heinz no-salt has a horrible tasting (to me) salt substitute.

Hunts adds no substitute and (to me) the ketchup tastes fresher, blending much better with the horseradish and other ingredients.

Respected Contributor

Only Heinz for me!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Hard to believe that it's Friday afternoon and there's an argument here on the boards about ketchup, of all things, LOL!

I thnk I may need my vodka/club soda a little early today!Heart

Image result for things are going to get better

To remain on the topic, I'm a Heinz girl all the way.

theres' an argument?  lol

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Thanks, @momtochloe, that's an okay carb count by me. I only use catsup for burgers, fries and other fried foods, dip & dab, so not usually any huge amount at a time.

Me, too @Moonchilde just burgers, which I usually eat as a pattie, not a sandwich.  I can't think of anything else I use it for, and it doesn't have to be TJ's for me, just that I happen to really like that one. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I buy Heinz but honestly, I don't think I know the difference.  

I do,  I have had stuff in a H bottle that I swear was something else 

for the amount of time I use it, sugar or what ever I like the way Heinz tastes to me.  

few years back I went to place that had "organic" ketchup it was horrible.  

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I am the one that started the ketchup preference.  Before I tried TJ's brand, I always bought whatever was on sale but now since I buy maybe one bottle a year I will splurge on theirs.  It doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup, is low in sugar and sodium and for me has a special flavor that I love.

@momtochloe

You did, and I agreed with you, which often happens with us Woman Happy

I'm tempted to also say I like French's yellow mustard and the Beaver brand.  I just bought a new one that's a bacon flavor mustard... I hope there isn't a condiment war over those Woman LOL

@Noel7 Heart

Uh-oh, my friend.....I prefer stone ground mustard with horseradish to any yellow mustard......wanna fight? LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@stuyvesant  Is that you from the old Merle Byrd days??  Which morphed into Skypie and Friends?  If so, "hello".

To answer your question, we call it ketchup.  LOL 

We buy the Whole Foods brand.  They have both organic and regular.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Hard to believe that it's Friday afternoon and there's an argument here on the boards about ketchup, of all things, LOL!

I thnk I may need my vodka/club soda a little early today!Heart

Image result for things are going to get better

To remain on the topic, I'm a Heinz girl all the way.

theres' an argument?  lol

@jackthebear

I was referring to the argument here upthread about the 'intention' of starting this thread and relating it to another thread's comments.....maybe you missed it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Oh @Burnsite I love me some horseradish! . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Thanks, @momtochloe, that's an okay carb count by me. I only use catsup for burgers, fries and other fried foods, dip & dab, so not usually any huge amount at a time.

Me, too @Moonchilde just burgers, which I usually eat as a pattie, not a sandwich.  I can't think of anything else I use it for, and it doesn't have to be TJ's for me, just that I happen to really like that one. 

Since I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, I've been generally very pleased with the lowER carb counts of many TJs products than mainstream brands in the supermarket. They know their clientele, which to some extent overlaps with Whole Foods and people wanting healthier, if not all organic all the time. I am a long-time TJs fan but that made me like them all the more.

There are some foods where Carbs are All AFAIC, and I stick strictly to sugar-free options. But there are some foods I can't do that with because of taste, and I'd rather do lower than "No." So the catsup is just one more 😍 Reason.

Mustard? Can't.do.French's. Prefer Dijon, Dijonnaise or brown.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all