Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite Progresso Soup. They are two for one, so I'd like to get a few.

I think all of the Progresso soups are tasty, like home made, it's hard to pick a favorite!

At 2 for 1, try a few different ones to find your favorite!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite Progresso Soup. They are two for one, so I'd like to get a few.

The chicken with the homestyle noodles but i.always add extra celery and carrots
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I love their soups, but so many have MSG in them   Atleast they did up to a year a go.  I cannot consume any MSG    

Respected Contributor

Tomato Basil.....served with grilled cheese.

Respected Contributor

Progresso is my favorite brand of canned soups and I keep a supply in my cupboards for winter. Like others have mentioned, my favorites are Lentil and Tomato Basil but I also like Hearty Tomato which has chunks of tomato which I add a dollop of sour cream on top; Minestrone; Chicken and Orzo with Lemon, which I squeeze fresh lemon on top. I don't think you'll be disappointed in any of them. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

There's a special place in my heart for Progresso soups.

I used to work in high tech and, shortly after September 11, 2001, jobs were lost.  Mine was one of them.

The night before I lost my job, I'd stopped at the grocery store and saw that my coffee beans were on sale -- and so were all the Progresso soups.

I just had a weird feeling.  Next thing I knew, I was filling my cart with coffee beans and soup.

Stocked canned soup again during the pandemic.  In fact, we still have plenty in our pantry.  BH had come home one day with an assortment of the "other" brand, but there's just no comparison.  Progresso is a superior product.

I suggest you grab as many as you can and get a good variety.  Even their "light" soups are tasty.  It's just smart to have canned soup on hand.  Pick up whatever sounds good to you.  Some are better than others but none are awful.

We make soup in this house.  But we always keep some canned on the shelf.  Have fun filling your cart. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I don't eat their soup but my mother liked the Split Pea soup and the Manhattan Clam Chowder. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Progesso Minestrone soup in TWO X FOUR soup. Original recipe below with my variations after that.

2 pounds ground beef

2 cans Minestrone soup

2 cans pinto beans  

2 cans Rotel tomatoes

Brown ground beef and then add all other ingredients. Simmer on low for 20 to 30 minutes.

I only use one pound beef as I don't like that much meat and I usually saute a little diced onion in with it. I use whatever beans I have on hand as it doesn't have to be pinto beans. I do rinse and drain them. I prefer to use two different kinds of beans like pinto and kidney, or kidney and black beans. No way can I eat this with two cans of Rotel...too spicy! I usually use one can mild Rotel and one can diced regular tomatoes. If it needs a little kick I add in some Tabasco sauce. Finally, I generally add the tomatoes to the browned meat and simmer those two alone for awhile to break down the tomatoes. Then later I add the beans and minestrone soup and simmer for just a short time. And I usually add a bit of water as I like my soups, well, soupy!     

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D the vegtable beef lite is tasty to me.Soup happens to be one of my favorite things to eat.Tomato soup is my fav.Ive always wanted to try lobster bisque,but a little pricey

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D   I like their Clam Chowder and Wild Rice... My two favorites.