Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite Chanel perfume?

Oui ..... Chanel #5~!

Honored Contributor

Chanel #5.  But that was years ago.  My father in-law was buyer (perfumes) for several high end department store.  They always gave him extra stuff.  He gave a big (and I do mean big) bottle of it to me.  It was an old perfume name when he gave it to me.  I doubt they make it anymore. Took me years to finish the bottle.  Only thing I didn't like was that the scent did not linger very much.  But what a scent!

Honored Contributor

I wish Chanel offered the purse size (rollerball or spray).  I use to love her Coco Chanel and I have smelled the Coco Mademoiselle which is also lovely.  No. 5 is also very lovely.  I currently do not own any Chanel fragrances.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I smelled a sample of Chance Tendre EDT and loved it but it fades within minutes. There is an EDP version out that I haven’t smelled yet but would like to. I’m searching for a new signature scent and I’m open to suggestions and your opinions on any Chanel scents or about any other scents you liked or disliked.

@Mindy D  - yes I do. Coco Mademoiselle is my very favorite. I've been wearing it for at least ten years and I just adore it. Last year I splurged and a bought a bottle of the new fragrance Coco Mademoiselle Intense. It's very beautiful too. Here is the description from Fragrantica:

"A new facet of the COCO MADEMOISELLE personality, amplified by an extreme dose of Patchouli and an Amber accord that combines Tonka Bean and Vanilla from Madagascar. A powerful, deep, irresistible composition.

PATCHOULI: Extreme, luminous, deep, infusing the fragrance with voluptuousness.

THE AMBER ACCORD: Warm, soft, and feminine, wrapping the fragrance in sensuality."

I'm not really sure what patchouli smells like but this perfume is out of this world. I alternate between the two and I love them so much.

Chanel has gorgeous fragrances but these are my favorites.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D   My favorite is Coco Mademoiselle eau de parfum.  I also have a bar of the soap so that I can keep the scent going.  Haven't been able to procure the dusting powder.

Other non Chanel favorites are Shalimar by Guerlain, and Tabu by Dana.  I have the scented soap for Tabu as well.

For any perfume I used to like being able to purchase it without the spray feature, but seems almost impossible for a long time.