Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite Chanel perfume?

I'm a bit of a classicist.  Like @Foxxee, I like "Chanel #5" and "L'air du Temps".  I think of "#5" as a full-bodied floral (on me at least) and "L'air" as a very ethereal floral.

Also love: 

"L'heure Bleue" by Guerlain  (mysterious oriental scent.)

"Rive Gauche" by Yves Saint Laurent  (complex, modern scent)

"Vanderbilt".    Gets more compliments than anything I've worn.

"Ici" by Coty.   Has subtle notes of cocoa that are so seductive!  Best inexpensive scent I've found

I hate that they keep tampering with the formulas of classic scents.  Will only wear scents that are long-lasting on me-- can't stand when they fade out quickly!

Honored Contributor

I like perfumes by Dior and Guerlain better than Chanel

Super Contributor

Chanel #5 L'Eau for warmer weather-more citrus and fresh

Chanel #5 Eau Premiere for winter/cold weather.-softer, deeper notes

Esteemed Contributor

#5 because my Grandmother wore it so I wear it at Christmas. 

Valued Contributor

I love Chance and Chance Eau Fraiche. The latter is very flowery smelling. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I like Chanel No. 19 and No 19 Poudre. I have Paris-Venise, too, that I wear.

Regular Contributor

I love Chanel's:

Gardenia

Cuir de Russie

Paris-Deauville.

I was given a set of Chanel's Les Exclusifs and I love them all, really. It is a great fragrance house.

One of the biggest problems the fragrances houses face is the regulations of ingredients. Guerlain had to change some classics and they are not the same. I loved Nahema, L'Heure Bleu and Mitsouko....sadly all the more recent purchases were a sorry version of the originals. Corporate ownership and profit margins may also have a role. Chanel is still an independently owned company, which helps to insure the qualty of the products. Chanel fragrances have stayed pretty steady and  true to scent.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D  On my skin, Chance eau tendre eau de toilette is more like a Body Mist as far as longevity. The eau de pafum does last longer because they added the notes of Jasmine & Rose but it is not a long lasting perfume but more like a toilette. I have the 1.7 oz & on my body chemistry it lasts about 2 hours then becomes a skin scent. I like it as a spring/summer scent but not enough to re-purchase. You may want to try a sample. I used to wear Channel many years ago but I prefer the more modern take on their perfumes.  I do have my Mom's Coco, No 5 & No 19, I keep them for sentimental reasons but No 5 I will wear occasionally. It's a more powdery scent.                                                                                                                                                   My favorites are Coco Mademoiselle eau de parfum....I do think for me, Its more of a spring/summer/ fall scent but certainly can be an all year round scent & many like it as a signature scent.  My favorite is the Intense Version...It's less on the citrus & stronger on the Tonka Bean & Vanilla.                                                                                                                                                                                                

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't worn many, but I love Cristalle, and I do enjoy #5.

I'm on the mailing list and so often tempted.  What a treat to get a box.  Honestly, just thinking about it I swear I can detect the aroma.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Chanel No 5 is an all time favourite of mine and my signature scent for fall/winter.