Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a backscratcher?

@Porcelain, brand? And where did you buy it?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, but I havent seen it in awhile and I dont know where it is. And now my back itches Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Porcelain, brand? And where did you buy it?

"Snowyee Back Scratcher, Backscratchers Telescoping for Women Men Adults Extendable (1 Piece)" from Amazon. It was just the first one I saw that I liked and that had great reviews.

I think a bear paw style like @sunshine45's will be next. The eagle talon one looks a little concerning to me.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

The inexpensive bamboo backscratchers also make great extensions for your reach, e.g. to start pants over your feet, pull things toward you, pick clothing, etc up off the floor. 

Respected Contributor

I have two bamboo back scratchers that I got from the dollar store, so $1 each. One is in my study by my desk and one is by my bed. Such a homely item, but perfect for the task. I think the bamboo is kinder to bare skin  than metal might be, but I've never tried those rakes.

I would definitely sanitize a back scratcher left in a guest bedroom after the guest checks out--if the scratcher doesn't leave with the guest, that is.

Honored Contributor

I have one that sounds exactly like yours @Porcelain .  I use it to get the cat toys out from under furniture.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I do have one!  It's a bamboo one that I picked up at Pier 1 years ago.  I have it hanging on the headboard.  Sometimes my back feels prickly in the dead of winter after I crawl in bed.  The backscratcher provides instant relief! Ahhhhh!!!  Best invention ever!

Honored Contributor

I have a pasta fork I never use except to scratch my back....works perfectly 😄

BDC17BFA-52FF-40DA-BC8A-1D8E20A042C5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

We have two bamboo or wooden ones. I use mine to find toys the grands lose under the sofa and also to find my earrings that I routinely drop when putting them on...they go under the dresser and the backscratcher pulls them right back out. I also use mine to get boxes down from the top shelf in my closet....and I heard you can also use them to scratch your back!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, @Porcelain. I ended up getting the type that @sunshine45  recommended.

I have such reactive skin. Constantly itching, especially when I am warm. Sometimes I just want to claw myself to death. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland