Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,339
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Do you have a backscratcher?

I just purchased one for the first time in my life, and I have to say it is a revelation.

 

If I had known before how blissful having one of these things is, I would have gotten one long ago. The new kind is made of metal and is telescopic so you can set it aside in its compact form. It looks a bit like a miniature garden rake when not extended. Total complete bliss and the best 3 or 4 dollars I've spent in ages. I'm telling you.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor
Posts: 53,819
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Re: Do you have a backscratcher?

@Porcelain 

Yes- I have what you describe.

I use it for getting the cat toys from under the refrigerator and fishing out the dryer lint that goes outside of the filter. 

Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,650
Registered: ‎08-25-2010

Re: Do you have a backscratcher?

I've got an old-fashioned bamboo one. It's funny how something so simple can provide such relief.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,036
Registered: ‎07-25-2010

Re: Do you have a backscratcher?

When I moved into my own place, I was given one as a gift.  I keep it with my umbrella in the coat rack.  Don't use it often, but when I need it....it is WONDERFUL!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,815
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Do you have a backscratcher?

Yes I have one...his name is PapaWick. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor
Posts: 49,734
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Do you have a backscratcher?

@Porcelain.  I have one like you describe that my sister gave me years ago.  When you have an itch, it's pure bliss.  @MamaWick.  They are much cheaper than the upkeep on a husband.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,954
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Do you have a backscratcher?

Yes!  I have this beautiful wood one that I got on Amazon.  Well, actually, I now have two of them as I wanted one for by my couch and one in my bdrm.   I'm going to see if I can get a pic from there 

 

It works great.  It looks a bit nicer in person.   Hand-made.

 

 

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,339
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Re: Do you have a backscratcher?


@Kachina624 wrote:

@Porcelain.  I have one like you describe that my sister gave me years ago.  When you have an itch, it's pure bliss.  @MamaWick.  They are much cheaper than the upkeep on a husband.


It sure can't grumble at me if I itch in the middle of the night. Woman Very Happy

 

 

Why did no one ever tell me about these things? I always classified them in the same league as flyswatters and shoehorns for some reason.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,339
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Re: Do you have a backscratcher?


@chickenbutt wrote:

Yes!  I have this beautiful wood one that I got on Amazon.  Well, actually, I now have two of them as I wanted one for by my couch and one in my bdrm.   I'm going to see if I can get a pic from there 

 

It works great.  It looks a bit nicer in person.   Hand-made.

 

 

 


Yours is pretty! And with two of them you could also serve salad while socially distanced. Woman Wink

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor
Posts: 53,819
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Re: Do you have a backscratcher?


@Porcelain wrote:


It sure can't grumble at me if I itch in the middle of the night. Woman Very Happy

 

 

Why did no one ever tell me about these things? I always classified them in the same league as flyswatters and shoehorns for some reason.


@Porcelain 

You should suggest it to the Q for all of their "great gifts" shows, perhaps a fashion pack of colors and one with prints.  Cat LOL