Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have a Valentine story to share?

Dearest Meallen616, Thank you so much for the hugs, they are beautiful! BUNCHES of HUGS back to you!!!  L <3Heart Happy V day to you!

Respected Contributor

Does having the city come out and fix a clogged pipe work as a happy Valentine's story? Because that's mine! Smiley LOL 

Feb. 14th of last year I had a backup and couldn't flush the toilet or let water run down the kitchen sink. My stepdad tried to snake it out with no luck. So I called the city to see if it was on their end, or mine. Two guys came out after hours to check, and sure enough, the clog was located on the street side where my property ended (which saved me tons of money since I didn't have to call a plumber). It took them about an hour, but they cleared my pipe. They were really nice, and I wished them each a happy Valentine's Day. 

I'm single with no significant other so the 14th is just another day for me, but I have my family, so I'm very grateful for that. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi OKPRINCESS, Yes, we do have our lovely memories & I'm so very grateful for those. Thx so much, you are a kind person!!!Heart Happy V Day! L <3

Trusted Contributor

Halfpint1, I am deeply sorry for the loss of your beloved husband. Woman Sad L <3

Trusted Contributor

Hi QualityGal! Thx for the laugh! He is an 'old' fart, how did you guess, LOL!!!! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hi Cumbercookie13, Heck yea that counts as a good V Day story! Any time you can get something repaired by the city is a story in its self, good for you & happy V Day!!Smiley Happy L <3

Honored Contributor

My first husband died on Valentines day 1979. When my second husband and I were deciding on a wedding date he mentioned Valentines Day and I said "oh no , that's the day Peter died" so he said OK it's settled then - we get married on Valentines Day to take the stink off it. So valentines is a kinda bittersweet day for me.I think sadly of the man who was the love of my life but passed way too soon and I enjoy an anniversary with my hubby of 35 years. Every year I get flowers signed with love from both of us Pete and ______. So how sweet & understanding is that?

Honored Contributor

@Leiloniwrote:

My beloved mother past on V-Day, she was my best friend & I miss her very much, it's been 15 yrs today. Sorry to be such a downer, but that's why I don't have a V Day story, wish I did. Also, my hubby is about as romantic as a fart in church, so no romantic or fun story here, but I wish & look forward to reading all the other posts & giving hearts! HAPPY V DAY TO ALL, GO OUT & HAVE FUN!!!!Heart

@Leiloni  You have a terrific outlook.  Kudos.  To be able to take delight in another person's  happiness without having something of your own to share is a indication of a person with a kind heart and person with great compassion in all areas of life.

I am sorry, however, for the loss of your beloved mom.Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

February 14, 1961 I received my first Valentine gift, a box of Conversation Candy Hearts, from my husband. 

I've never liked the taste of Conversation Hearts.

This year's gift was something much more to my liking. 😉

Respected Contributor

151949 Happy Valentines  day and Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby. This man is a definate keeper who must have a heart of gold to include the first husband to celebrate with you. Let my sister read your post she had tears coming down her cheeks.