Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a Valentine story to share?

@puttypiesmomwrote:

@151949wrote:

@puttypiesmomwrote:

@151949wrote:

@puttypiesmomwrote:

@151949wrote:

My first husband died on Valentines day 1979. When my second husband and I were deciding on a wedding date he mentioned Valentines Day and I said "oh no , that's the day Peter died" so he said OK it's settled then - we get married on Valentines Day to take the stink off it. So valentines is a kinda bittersweet day for me.I think sadly of the man who was the love of my life but passed way too soon and I enjoy an anniversary with my hubby of 35 years. Every year I get flowers signed with love from both of us Pete and ______. So how sweet & understanding is that?

That's too much to handle but if you're okay with it that's all that matters.  More power to you.  

I think my husband is mature enough to not be jealous of a man who died 39 years ago. 

@151949that's not what I meant at all.  I would not appreciate a new husband telling me that it was okay to get married on the date of the death of my 1st husband nor would I appreciate the new husand including the name of the 1st on a holiday card. It should have been left up to you not him when you got married since you suffered quite an emotional loss.  That's how I would have reacted 151949. 

Well then it's a good thing he married me and not you then. I know he respects my memories & understands my feelings, and he is secure in his place in my life over the past 35 years.

Yes, you're right because I don't like controlling men and to me he was being insensitive to YOU. @151949

BTW - no one can control anyone any further than they ALLOW themselves to be controlled.If I didn't want to marry him that day - I wouldn't have. Period.

Honored Contributor

My Valentines guy of near 50 years brought home a bouquet of flowers for me yesterday. Was thrilled .that one thought means more than words 

Honored Contributor

Just another day to me.  I don't celebrate saints birthdays.

Trusted Contributor

Our younger son has two daughters and a lovely wife.

Every year, he brings flower bouquets home for all three.

I didn't know this, because they live two states away, until

we were visiting coincidentally on V-Day. 

He told me they all love it--and his daughters are only

11 and 5. 

He told me he plans to do it as long as he lives.

I was really touched to hear that!