Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a Farmer's Market in your town?

@Spurt wrote:

Yep several of them all around town..........The vegetables taste so much better..........One of them is run by a church and the money goes to charity and the prices are great--its my favorite one to go to...........

Image result for cat at farmers market

P.S.a discosure this isnt a picture of the one Im talking about, couldnt find a photo of that one....but if that furbaby was at one in my town, Id certainly shop at it, although it looks like this kitty ate all the inventory...Cat LOLCat Very HappyCat Wink 

@Spurt

Love the kitty pic in the catnip basket!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Yes.  Our farmer's market is held in our Promenade shopping center.  There are several other farmer's markets I can go to that are less than 10 miles from me so I have options.  I also go to a farm not far from me that have fresh corn, home grown tomatoes, beets, green peppers and other colors, just about everything.  My favorite for the summer is bi-color corn, tomatoes, and watermelon.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

We have a big farmer's market.  One part has crafts and hand made leather items, the other is all produce venders.  Down the hill the other vendors only sell in large quantities.  At Christmas, we get about 10 different growers with trees grown around the Cradle of Forestey.

Love the one in Raleigh, NC.  They have a "resturant" with wonderful seafood! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There seems to be a Farmer's Market on every corner where I live.  They are all a mixed bag of things like prepared foods and crafts until Late June or July when local produce comes in here.  Any fruit or vegetables in April and May are shipped in.

Some of the vendors even have grocery store labels on their food.  You have to be careful as it's not all local.  And the prices are not worth it until we get to June or July.

We are lucky to have grassfed and organic meat and pastured eggs available from some of the farms, but it goes quickly.  If you're not there at 7 am when they open, you are out of luck.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

My Sister lives in Vancouver, WA, just across the Columbia River, from Portland, OR.  

Portland has Saturday Market. I believe, it’s the largest,market, of this kind, west of the Mississippi.  It is huge and so much fun!  You could easily browse, shop, be entertained, and, of course, eat, all day! 

Respected Contributor

We have a farmers market but it's every other Saturday 8-12 sell out fast then another one which is 1 Wednesday of the month sell out fast. I can't keep up with it so I go to Sprouts. 

Valued Contributor

About a dozen...one for almost every day of the week. They go into Fall as well, past Halloween. They even have them occasionally during  winter. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SUHsE I'd like to go to that Farmer's Market. Sounds terrific. Thank you for sharing.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau