Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have Lock & Lock?

I had the egg containers but causes my eggs to go bad since they are airtight. Had to use them with the top open

Trusted Contributor

I always put a paper towel in one to store leftover green pepper. It will last several days that way. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use plastic for food storage, I don't fell they are ever clean.   May try the glass ones though.

Trusted Contributor

I have not used my lock & lock in the freezer since one with some frozen soup in it fell out of the freezer and shattered like glass. Just know when the material freezes, it is very brittle and will break if dropped. It is great otherwise.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs  ,  I use ours, in the pretty copper color, all the time, for all kinds of leftovers, and for lettuce for my salads.

Love the "non-spill" aspect too.  Whenever I open a can of tuna to make tuna salad or whatever, I drain off the water that it's packed in, and put it in a lock & lock.  All three of our kitties LOVE "tuna juice",  and the lock & lock keeps it fresh so I can pour it out for treats for them.

The lock & lock baskets are fantastic too--  love that they are completely washable.  I use them in bathroom to hold make-up and toiletries, and in the kitchen to hold potatoes and other items in pantry.  Have both the natural and the dark brown, and while they work hard, they are good-looking too.

Lock & lock is one of my favorite products.

Trusted Contributor

I have several pieces of Lock & Lock and I am very pleased with them!   I use mine mostly for storing leftovers and also staples like flour & sugar.   What I like most about them is that it is so easy to lock them!   Some other brands I have had I would almost break a finger or two trying to lock them!!Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

Lock n Lock is one of the best inventions ever! Food lasts so much longer in it. I love it.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love my L&L.  I freeze things in it. Refrigerate things in it.  I keep rice, flour, sugar, and brown sugar in it which stays softer and more managable stored in L&L. I store tea bags in it as well as coffee that stays fresher longer and always has that just opened smell when I take the top off. It's great for fresh produce like lettuce, and carrots last me weeks longer than before I started putting them in L&L.  I wrap them in paper towels and change the damp towels out occasionally like others have said.  I keep butter in it rather than a butter dish. I store spices in the smaller L&L if I have something leftover from a spice envelope or if I create my own spice mixes. I have office supply odds and ends in some and crochet needles/notions in another.  I keep  grocery store plastic bags in one of the bigger ones. All you have to do is look around and use your imagination and there are tons of uses for not only food storage but to neaten things up around the house as well. 

Honored Contributor

I have a bazillion of them! LOL

I put them in the freezer, the pantry and in the fridge. They do hold fresh produce well.

I store all my dry goods in them. I take all things out of boxes from the grocery, and put in either glass jars or lock and lock, so they don't get stale or get the little buggies that tend to be drawn to boxed goods like pasta, cereal, crackers etc. All my flours, sugars and baking goods go in them as well.

Couldn't live without them, and I feel they are way better at keeping things fresh than Tupperware. 

My latest binge has been all the glass pieces. Borisillicate glass that can go in the oven to 500 degrees and locking lids. I bake and store in those constantly. My fridge is full of them every week. I think I've bought ever piece/set of glass they have offered in the last several years. I have noticed they aren't offering as many glass choices as before, and I'm so glad I really filled my kitchen with them, as I have at least a half a dozen in use on any given day, and pack my husband's lunch in them for work as well, so he is reheating in glass, and not plastic. 

Regular Contributor

I have switched to Rubbermaid Brillance Food Storage containers for leftovers and love them.  They are rectangular, stack nicely, and have made a huge difference in our fridge.

They take up a lot less room and are really clear so everything looks better.  Since they aren't round, and aren't so tall they use space efficiently, and we can easily see what we need to use up.   Or pitch!