Respected Contributor

DH has been a member of AAA since he turned 16 and started to drive many, many decades ago!

We have AAA Plus so we can receive up to 200 miles of towing a year. 

We often drive across the state of PA to visit family, so we need the extra miles.  AAA will also work in other states.

I would never be without roadside assistance.

For me, paying the premiums is the same as house insurance--you will never know if you will need to use it, but it is very important to have!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac

I have a Roadside assistance on my current car. I just kept my AAA plus. 

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear 

We’ve had AAA forever, they have ‘rescued’ me many times.  Wouldn’t be without them!  They also offer a discount program and very detailed mapping, driving directions for trips.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

We have been getting AAA batteries for more than 5  years. Previously we usually got at Sears.  We have been pleased with service and quality.  Time savings, too.  I have to admit to being a cost comparison shopper but I don't do it anymore for batteries.  They seem to konk out suddenly and I want to get matter handled easily but correctly.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

In addition to maps, discounts for most hotel charges, movie theater ticket deals and theme parks like Disneyland, Triple A has "rescued" me numerous times over the many years I've been a member. 

They came out at night and saved me in a dark parking lot more than once. They towed my car from an underground deck after they checked the battery which was not dead. Instead, It was a dead starter so there was no recourse except towing. Anyway, I will always keep my membership even when I have a new vehicle and insurance that has towing and changing flat tires. It's worth it to me even in the years that I didn't use any of the services.

Honored Contributor

YES

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have AAA

[ Edited ]

One poster mentioned new car "free service" and this brought up memory of being in the road in small town, scorching day at McDonald's on way to Florida with 4 k ids.  We called for car's service and after waiting hour they could not promise when I would get help.  We called AA A and toa trucks arrived shortly.  He saved time by going to shop and brought battery to us, installed and we were on way.  

Another time we had issues with battery and AA A driver suggested it might be issue with car and Bluetooth malfunctioning.  He was correct and dealer disconnected as cheapest solution.  That had been frustrating but drivers always courteous in replacing batteries to get to issue.

Honored Contributor
My battery died last month after the long, hot summer destroyed it. I called AAA and a very nice man came out within 20 minutes and put in a new one. It was an Interstate battery for a Lexus SUV and was $139. Fabulous. Get your battery from AAA. The dealer wanted $365 for a battery. Same warranty on both.
Honored Contributor

We have AAA "plus" why I have no idea because I can think of other things to spend $185!

We used it 1 time 8 years ago when I needed the battery replaced in the Escalade.  I think it was cheaper than dealer. 

He wanted plus because the tow is up to 200 miles.  We don't even drive 50 miles anywhere let alone 200 from our home🤷‍♀️🤔.  I have full roadside coverage with my Honda Assistance Program and insurance company but he feels "peace of mind" because AAA always shows up!

Respected Contributor

We have AAA.  Wouldn't drive anywhere without it.  Have no knowledge of the batteries sold by AAA'

However, you have a problem with something electric in your car draining the battery.  You should have had your car checked out when the problem first started.  Before you do anything else about a battery, you ought to have your mechanic see if he can find the source that's causing the drain.