Honored Contributor

Do you give your significant other holiday gifts and why

We celebrate Chanukah and I try to give him one cute but heartfelt gift per night. I shop for him at Barnes and Nobel and he shops for me at the dollar store.

I know it is the thought that counts but I am starring to feel why bother.

I put a lot of thought and effort into his gifts

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you give your significant other holiday gifts and why

yes, we enjoy exchanging gifts and because we have a long distance relationship it is even more fun for each of us to receive packages and surprises from the other. its like sending a little piece of me in the box. Smiley Happy

it is always fun to go out and pick out special items for those you love and care about.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, we exchange gifts.

I give to everyone in my family.  I wouldn't give to everyone else and not him. 

Honored Contributor

We gift each other with patience, understanding, love, companionship, respect, presence, and a sympathetic ear. 

Esteemed Contributor

DH & I celebrate both Hanukkah & Christmas.We've been together for over 40 years. When we first got married we did the gift giving for both Holidays. After my son was born we decided to stop.We decided to focus holiday gift giving around him.

Sometimes we still surprise eachother with something special!!

Trusted Contributor

Not anymore. Everyday is Christmas for us. If we want something we just go out and get it. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

We prefer to select something for the poor  instead. We buy things for ourselves all the time

Respected Contributor

My husband & I don’t exchange big gifts anymore. We will give each other something small/ special to put under the tree. We’d rather put the money towards a trip or something for the house.
Respected Contributor

We do exchange, try to find something nice he will enjoy.  He usually gets me jewelry.  He is my gift, we like it but we buy what we want/need.  I TREASURE his handwritten notes I get every few days.   We’ve been together 2.5 years.  

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox , interesting post.  We are at the stage of our lives where we really don't need things and spend more energy trimming down what we have.  Christmas is now more about family and friends.  All of our immediate family has made the decision not to exchange gifts and I think that is a good move.  When we gift, it is to those who need some support.  I am happy to have the gift hype over with.  LM