Honored Contributor

Re: Do you get your car detailed and how much is it?

A true detailing is only done at car shops, usually.  It runs about 300-600 bucks depending.  They detail everything from front to back inside and out.  Also they clean part of engine. They can  fix inside scratches and repair leather.  I had it done once to my old suburban, which was not old back then. Lol!  They shampoo carpets, scotchguard, etc.  takes all day. My suburban cost 300 back in 2008. They also hand wax

Trusted Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Mombo1 

I doubt that detailing will raise the offer they will give you on your trade-in:  save the money.  They are looking at tires, transmission, etc.   Also, they will consider the type care you want to trade for.

Good Luck !

Thank you.  You are probably right.  My car is in great condition...well maintained.   You just saved me some money.   😊

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD took her car to a woman nearby and had it detailed.  She cleaned inside and washed and waxed it for $125.00.  It looks great.  It's a 2015 Honda that gets a tremendous amount of use. I am taking my car to her after the 4th of July holiday. I used to be able to do mine inside, can't do it now.

Someone said she cleans the pickup trucks used by the gas companies around here and they look new when she's done.

Do you do your own or get them done? How much do they charge in your neck of the woods?  I'm in rural NE PA.

Shoekitty said

there used to be a young manwho came to your house and did it.  Just a regular detail. He did it so well he was always booked.  My friend said she swears he is one of those who truely loves to clean.  

Respected Contributor

I have my car detailed 1 X per month and he charges me $60 which is apparently a deal. 

Esteemed Contributor

Full size SUV and it's $225. 

Now that I look at that price I may do it myself and keep the cash in my own pocket.

Honored Contributor

depends what i have done and who does it.

generally anywhere from $80 - $150.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

A true detailing is only done at car shops, usually.  It runs about 300-600 bucks depending.  They detail everything from front to back inside and out.  Also they clean part of engine. They can  fix inside scratches and repair leather.  I had it done once to my old suburban, which was not old back then. Lol!  They shampoo carpets, scotchguard, etc.  takes all day. My suburban cost 300 back in 2008. They also hand wax

for me and for what is being done, $300 to $600 is way too much. i do agree that getting it done at an automotive facility is best, but i have never had to spend that much for a full service detailing that is excellent. does that last you an entire year? i have mine done 2 -3 times a year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

When my mother-in-law passed away we took her car to be detailed.   She didn't take the best care of the interior and it really needed a thorough cleaning.  

Here in our area of the PNW, they charged us $150.00.    They really did a great job and I felt it was money well spent.   

Honored Contributor

We take care of our own vehicles,  but my nephew actually details cars, trucks and funeral hearses. The charge is 50 to 150 dollars, just depends on the work involved.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't imagine needing a car to be detailed on a monthly basis, but to each their own. We do it about once a year and it is around $100 in the St. Louis area. To me, detailing is the works on both the inside and outside - everything is cleaned and wiped down. In the meantime, we do the basics.