Honored Contributor

Re: Do you get told you look like someone famous?

When I was 17 some guy came up to me in a local bar and told me I looked like Anita Ekberg.  I didn't even know who she was.  No, he didn't get lucky. hahaha.  But I was pretty impressed with myself when I looked her up.  lol

When I was in my 20's I was told I looked like Cybil Shepherd in The Last Picture Show.

In my 30's it was Olivia Newton-John in Grease. 

A guy I dated for several years told me several years after we split (we are still friends) that Janine Turner on Northern Exposure reminded him of me.  Not sure if it was looks or personality.

I was also told in my 30's that I resembled Susan Sarandon. 

I don't think any of these women really look like one another, so I have no idea who I look like.

I'm lost.

lol

Esteemed Contributor

When I was younger (in my 30s? I forget the exact age they said it, but I was young), I was told that I look like Tonya Harding You know the skater that kicked the other skater? (ugh! lol).

I dont see it at all. Im a redhead, wasnt she a blonde? And I dont think I look like without being the same hair color.

The only other person people said I look like is not famous but I look like my Mom (who died young). People who went to school with my mom or knew her way back but didnt know I was her daughter had actually stopped me at places, asked if I was related to (by saying my moms name). That is the bigggest compliment to get told I look just like she did.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

When I was a little girl I was told I looked like Shirley Temple. From highschool on to current many strangers have told me I look like Doris Day.   Makes my day!

Honored Contributor

Until I shower and wash my hair in the morning, I resemble Alf.

Esteemed Contributor

Emmylou Harris

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

When I was much younger, I was told by several people that I looked like Susan Lucci.  My cousin has said that I look like Maud Adams (from the James Bond movies).  Although I think I may have the bone structure of Ms. Adams, I was "blessed" with a crooked nose, so, no, I don't think I look like either of these ladies!

Honored Contributor

When younger, Cher and Diane Keaton.  Figure that out?!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mother thought I looked like Ali McGraw and/or Marie Osmond, who don't look alike at all! 

I had a friend years ago, like me a fan of old movies, who thought I looked like Judy Holliday.  I wish.  The low pitch of my voice is a little similar.

Honored Contributor

No ... never.

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

My mother thought I looked like Ali McGraw and/or Marie Osmond, who don't look alike at all! 

I had a friend years ago, like me a fan of old movies, who thought I looked like Judy Holliday.  I wish.

OMG, I ADORED Judy Holliday!!!!

Born Yesterday is one of my all time favorites.