Honored Contributor

Re: Do you get told you look like someone famous?

@VanSleepy wrote:

@HappyDaze I tried to heart your post, but I guess I already did before you edited, so it revoked my heart when I clicked it a second time...then I tried to give you one again.  I don't know if you're notified when it's revoked, but it was an accident lol.  I don't like that new feature.

haha, okay no worries @VanSleepy! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Not anymore, but back when the show "Thirty Something " was on, I was told I looked like Mel Harris, she played Hope. Not only by a few family members but also just people I would see out somewhere.  I just looked her up, and I guess I can see it now, at the time I was always like "No, I don't think so" ... 

Lucky you...I always thought Mel was very pretty.

Honored Contributor

Yes.  For years people have come up to me at the mall and just started speaking to me.  I didn't have a clue who they assumed I was!  I once mentioned it in my senior class and they had seen this woman and almost approched her believing it was me!  My students told me she taught at another high school.

The other thing I have always heard is that I look very much like Julia Roberts.

Esteemed Contributor

I've often been told that I look like Sarah Michelle Gellar. (especially when she's blonde...last time I saw a photo of her she was brunette)

Honored Contributor

Nope...........but many years ago, I had the same last name as the president of the company where I worked.   Everyone thought I was his daughter, and that definitely had benefits (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Not me but my baby brother looks exactly like Stedman Graham, Oprah's paramour.  He is always mistaken for him everywhere he goes.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

When I was younger I was often asked if I was Barbra Streisand. We are about the same age.

Respected Contributor

All my life since the 1970's everyone always said you look exactly like Susanne Pleshette.  She was Bob Newharts wife in the 1970 classic sitcom.  In 2000 I was getting off a flight in San Francisco and everyone was talking and taking pictures of me...I am like what the heck is going on? Someone yelled...It's Susan Pleshette!  I said nothing...And just smiled as cameras flashed.

Respected Contributor

When I was much younger, I used to hear that I looked like Cher. I was tall, thin, with long straight dark hair AND a bit of a hippy. I don't think my nose looked like hers but hey...over all...I was flattered. I just wished I had had her voice. Now, after many years, I would probably be mistaken more often as Don Knotts older sister. Bummer!
Respected Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

All my life since the 1970's everyone always said you look exactly like Susanne Pleshette.  She was Bob Newharts wife in the 1970 classic sitcom.  In 2000 I was getting off a flight in San Francisco and everyone was talking and taking pictures of me...I am like what the heck is going on? Someone yelled...It's Susan Pleshette!  I said nothing...And just smiled as cameras flashed.

I thought she was gorgeous. Even in her last years. That husky voice was pretty attractive too. It made her even more unique. She did many movies before Newhart. But I loved Newhart too!