Honored Contributor

Re: Do you get told you look like someone famous?

Cindy Williams-played Shirley in Laverne and Shirley. I think old photos of my Mom look like her.

Lauren Graham...I really wish on that one!

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

When I was younger, I was told I looked like Nicole Kidman (but with dark hair) and also like the model, Elizabeth Hurley.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a woman that goes to our WW meeting that looks just like Penny Marshall.  I try not to stare, but it is hard because I'd swear it is her.  She looks exactly like Penny did when she played Laverne in Laverne and Shirley (same age too)!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Annette Funicello..........I am half Italian

Valued Contributor

I was told by one person that I look like Elizabeth Taylor.

I don't think so, but I'll put a pic in the next post and you can judge for yourself.

Valued Contributor

facebook real id3.jpg

What do you think?

Esteemed Contributor

I was out to eat with a few other couples once, and one of the men in our group told our waitress that she looked like Carla from Cheers (Rhea Perlman).  He then said, "You must  hear that all the time."  She said that no one had ever told her that, and she acted as if she were highly offended.  Oy.  She really did look like her, though.  I can't believe she hadn't heard it before!

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac OK, so I just read your post.  I was wondering if you'd like to be my friend because if your brother looks like Steadman......he's a hottie and maybe you'd introduce me to your brother.  

I posted on here but not because I look like anyone but because everyone and anyone seems to think they know me...drives me crazy.

I have seen TV shows where they say we all have a doppelganger.  I must have more than one and this doppelganger(s) must be some busy people for me to have so many people think they know me.

I think it's because I just look normal.  I'm not pretty but I'm not ugly.  I look like people you see walking down the street....hence:  "I know you"....I'm going to start saying, "Yes, you just saw me..duh!"....

Love your responses @Mz iMac.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I think people tell you they know you because of your personality and what is probably a friendly demeanor.  I think that's also why they remember you.

If I speak to people over the phone and meet them later, they often say they remember me.  That's because I have what I consider a terrible voice.  I have a pronounced, very low-class accent that makes me sound very stupid and uneducated (which I am not).  I heard myself on tape when I was in college once and was horrified.  My thought was that I sounded like a gangster's moll.  My horrible voice and my big hair are my calling cards.  I should have had a role in My Cousin Vinnie!

Honored Contributor

@Ms X  You are too hard on yourself.  My guess is people like you.  The important thing is that you like yourself.  Our entire life we sell ourselves, even when not speaking (how we dress, walk, everything).

I've read your posts (some I skip over because...well, just because) but I often read your posts and I find them interesting, funny and I learn something (which is the best recommendation, in my book).  Take care and if I knew you outside of this we'd be friends....