Honored Contributor

Do you get told you look like someone famous?

When I was in my early 20's, after the movie "Sophie's Choice" came out, I was told I looked like Meryl Streep.

That was the first time.  Have heard it at least a dozen times over the years....and again today!  Apparently Meryl and I have aged in similar ways, because this has been going on for 36 years.

Super Contributor

Re: Do you get told you look like someone famous?

I have been told over and over by people at work, church, etc who do not know one another that I look like Jodie Foster. While I'd love to have her talent and bank account, I do not see a resemblance whatsoever, even after pulling up multiple pictures on the internet. My husband doesn't see it either.

Valued Contributor

Yes. Since the age of 25 I have been told I look like Judy Norton, the actress that played the part of Mary Ellen on The Waltons. We are the same age, and I actually do see the resemblance.

My father was mistaken for President Ronald Reagan many times. When he and my mother took a cruise, they both ended up sitting at the captain's table because of it.  I wish I could post pictures on my dad and President Reagan when they were both young men, you wouldn't be able to tell who was who. I

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Valued Contributor

In my early 20's I was told by many people that I looked like Valerie Bertinelli. I even had one guy ask me if I was sure that I wasn't her??  Oh, my.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Esteemed Contributor

I had a small child dash up to me and shout to her mom, BETTY CROCKER.  I didn't reallly get it until the mother came over to me and said I look like Paula Deen.  I think it is my silver white hair.  For whatever reason when I heard it a second time from an adult I took a hard look in the mirror.  And then there was someone who came over to me and said I looked like Elizabeth Taylor.  What can I say, nothing makes any sense to me.  

Respected Contributor

Not anymore, but back when the show "Thirty Something " was on, I was told I looked like Mel Harris, she played Hope. Not only by a few family members but also just people I would see out somewhere.  I just looked her up, and I guess I can see it now, at the time I was always like "No, I don't think so" ... 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Bette Midler.  Yeah, I see it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was very young people would say I looked like Doris Day or Mitzi Gaynor. When I see pictures of me or them from the 1960's or 1970's, I see the resemblance.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been told I look like Sheena Easten ,  I feel that is why my husband asked me out to begin with as he loves her LOL. !  Pele that meet me for the first time will also tell me that,  so I guess I see it as I've been told it so many times through the years.  

Honored Contributor

Never. I'm so average I look like everyone, to the extent that I get stopped in public spaces by people I don't know who think I am someone else and MY friends have started conversations with people they thought were me, only to realize they were mistaken. One of my friends recently contacted me to tell me she ran into another one of my doppelgangers last week.