Super Contributor

Re: Do you get told you look like someone famous?

I get told I look like Katy Perry all the time. Not as often after she started dying her hair bright colors.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Never. I'm so average I look like everyone, to the extent that I get stopped in public spaces by people I don't know who think I am someone else and MY friends have started conversations with people they thought were me, only to realize they were mistaken. One of my friends recently contacted me to tell me she ran into another one of my doppelgangers last week.

Are you sure it's that you're "so average" and not that you have a distinctive hairstyle or type of hair?  I'm often told I look "just like" other people, both famous and who just live around me or whomever is telling me this.  I always know they're saying it because we have similar hair.  We don't look alike at all otherwise, but for some reason if we have similar hair people think we look alike.  I'd be willing to bet it's your hair, or maybe something else, but most likely your hair that causes people to say that.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Nicole Kidman (with her naturally darker, curly hair) and Annette Bening.   I also seem to have a face similar to lots of people, or I have a lot of doppelgangers, because I'm forever having people tell me they're sure we've met before (when in fact we haven't).    Interesting thread, @september!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

When I was young, many moons ago, Karen Valentine. Remember her? On the show Room 222. My hubby always has people tell him he looks like Scott Bakula from the show CSI New Orleans. When he was young it was Harrison Ford.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Not me but my mother was a dead ringer for the svelte version of Elizabeth Taylor.

Honored Contributor

When I was much younger and had my dark brown hair and with my big brown eyes, I was told Natalie Wood!

Respected Contributor

Forty years ago; people constantly told me I was a dead-ringer for Lynda Carter.  Today I look like Lynda Carter's great great great grandmother, lol.  So much for "Wonder Woman"...!  

Honored Contributor

George Carlin/Willie Nelson

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

In school, Leslie Caron an actress I had never heard of.  In my thirties, Princess Caroline (Monaco); in my forties, when Ghost was popular, Demi Moore.  Oh yeah when a very little girl, Shirley Temple - even had the baloney curls!  Now. don't look like anyone, just me, my furbaby is the one who gets all the attention and that's just fine with me!Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

When I was much younger and had my dark brown hair and with my big brown eyes, I was told Natalie Wood!

Me too, Hooty!  I still have chin length dark brown hair, but since she's been gone so long, no one mentions it anymore.  But I still get the 'don't I know you?" comments.