Honored Contributor

Re: Do you follow any celebrities?

I don't follow, but if someone appears on my Yahoo news feed, I'll post it here on the forums.

Honored Contributor

I don't search for information on them or subscribe to their Facebook, Instagram..., but there are actors, musicians who interest me, so if an article shows up, I read it and sometimes look for more information. I was interested in the Rust accident, the Depp trial, the Anna Nicole Smith death and paternity trial.

Honored Contributor

I do click on links to get latest on the Royals.  Its such a soap opera and I like to see what Kate, Sophie and lately Beatrice are wearing.  They always look amazing.  There are a few celebrities I follow.  I'm mostly Interested in their fashions and weddings.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

When news tidbits and photos of celebs pop up in your Google feed home page, do you click on them? Personally I couldn't care less about the Hollywood crowd. Or the so called "influencers"or socialites or hip hop moguls. So I scroll past. 

I do enjoy reading about a few of the British Royal family. My secret life as a  nosy peasant. Haha. 

And there are a handful of pro athletes that I'm interested in. Draymond Green, Matt Stafford, Kirk Cousins. Mainly because of their Michigan connections. 

@fairydogmother 

Gollywood and TV "Stars" arent glamorous anymore---they dont set the trends, and seem to be pretty much interchangeable and they rotate like a revolving door--with a few exceptions they have no stayin power.....So no I do NOT follow any news stories on today's celebs.....If there's something really newsworthy happening with one of them the local or national news gives a quick "blurb" of all I need to know...

Now as far as a couple of my favorite NFL players or NBA Spur's players I might click out a story regarding what they are doing in the community---or a podcast---or interview. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@fairydogmother 

Not really sure what you mean by "follow". In this world of social media, some rank their popularity or importance, to their number of followers

Using that as your definition, I do not follow anyone, celebrity or an unknown. There are very few people in which I have enough interest to follow their daily/weekly activities.

While I do like to read up on certain individuals that are in a position to effect my life and livelihood, I follow no one in particular, irregardless of their supposed social status.

To me being an expert in a specific field, does not make you the same, in other facets of life. I mostly follow my decades of knowledge, coupled with what I consider common sense.

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

Not even hockey players?

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt 

"Not even hockey players"?  Nope!

My team during the season and some off season organization/player changes, yes! Always interested in who moves where, and why. Like other things in my life over which I have no control!  I roll with what I got.

My best to you, 

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

I don't, I'm sorry.  I know our society is celebrity-driven but I just couldn't care less about them.

Respected Contributor

I follow politicians closely.

Some of them could be viewed as "celebrities."

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

I used to follow Adam Lambert after AI because I wanted to see how far his career, would go. I have seen him in concert several times, and I think besides his solo career he is pretty well solidified as the lead singer of Queen. I guess I don't have to follow him any longer because he pops up in various places on television and the concert stage that is well advertised. Other than that, I do not follow celebs. Interestingly, the guy who won AI that year has done very little. He's still in music, but usually works as a second act with a bigger name. Who is surprised at that?