Respected Contributor

Re: Do you expect to have many trick or treaters?

This is the first Halloween in my current address.  It being a condo, I don't expect any kids, especially since I never see any kids around on a normal day.  I miss those days, it was always so exciting, both for the trick-or-treaters and the people handing out the treats. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LyndaGee  A grand on candy?  How many kids does she get for heaven's sake?

Respected Contributor

Nope.

Only had trick or treaters once when my 34 year old nephew was little.  He and a few of his friends were brought to our cottage in the woods.  I remember it had snowed 5 inches that day. Now I will have to wait 3-4 years until his little boy is old enough.

Honored Contributor

In the past 15 years where I am now living nary a one have I had.  This year I will have two, my grandchildren.  They moved closer to me just two weeks before Thanksgiving last year so tonight will be fun.  Stopping by to ring my bell before others.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@LyndaGee  A grand on candy?  How many kids does she get for heaven's sake?

Have no idea!  Heard her on the Channel 3 news in CT.

Esteemed Contributor

No, my sister may bring her son, and we have a new family in the neighborhood who have a few kids, they may come, I don't know. Not really expecting many at all, if any.

Honored Contributor

I’ve had a total of 4, in the 45 years I’ve lived on this property, and they were my nephew and my cousins 3 children.  Living in the sticks has its advantages!

Frequent Contributor

It gets pretty crazy in the neighborhood where I live. Last year we went to the movies instead of giving out candy. The year before we were out within 45 minutes, and we had prepared 300 treat bags. We decided to give out treats this year, but we're sticking with 300.

Honored Contributor

Ou trick or treat was changed to last night because tonight called for heavy rain. Last night was warm and dry and I got my usual close to 500 kids. We are used to it, so I bought plenty of candy. All of the goblins were polite, and the little ones were accompanied by parents.  I love Halloween, 🎃🧙‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧛🏻‍♀️👻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I have bags equaling 800 plus pieces of candy. At 4 or 5 pieces per child, that's 200 plus kids coming to the door....that sounds about right.

We are 180 townhouses. Our other section (separated by a small bridge) contains 1200 homes. Via walking path, we connect to another community of almost 3000 homes. In addition, many families come to our community from areas that are not too safe. Obviously not ALL these homes have children nor does everyone come to our neighborhood and vice versa but...there are MANY kids.

We go through a LOT of candy, lol.

Tonight, however, may mean we wind up donating it to the school for CARE packages to overseas troops. The weather is supposed to get quite nasty. Smiley Sad