Honored Contributor

Re: Do you expect to have many trick or treaters?

last year we had three neighbor kids... that is all.  So this year with it being very cold but not raining ... we will see.  I bought a very small bag of snickers bars. Last year I threw out most all the candy I bought. If I get a bunch of kids  tonight,  I hope they do not trick me when I tell them I am out of candy!

Honored Contributor

Not that many children live around here....and the children that do live in our neighborhood go to Halloween Parties instead of trick or treating ..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No. In my town the mommies who do not want to get wet have managed to have TPTB postpone T or T to Friday because of forecast rain. Rain!

I have chosen to further postpone Halloween- to 11/31/2020.

If any children come to the door tonight I will have candy to give. Tomorrow night I will not be home to answer the door.

Last year with nice and mild weather I bought 1 bag of candy, which was plenty.

Honored Contributor

It's snowy and cold here.  I doubt we're going to get many.  I was hoping they would post-pone the trick or treating until Saturday. 

I made my usual Halloween pot of chile today.  I'll be perfectly happy snuggled up watching movies tonight.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

We haven't had even one in recent years.  We never got many, usually just the nieces and nephews.

We don't live in town.  I've heard years ago the main drag in town got loads of trick or treaters.  I think some were driven from towns close by.

My kids were only allowed to go to Aunts and Uncles or to homes of people who would know them.

I kind of miss seeing the little kids dressed up.

Dh used to ask if I got candy. I reminded him we haven't seen a kid in some years. His response was "we should have some just in case."  Translation, he would have to eat it so it wouldn't go to waste. lol

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I could have written your post word for word especially regarding our dh's!   Makes me wonder who the kids really are!!Woman LOL  Have a good Halloween!

Respected Contributor

we don't have any.  the whole zipcode is 55+.

Respected Contributor

We usually get around eighty. However we have a lot of snow and it is in the low twenties so I imagine that will be a game changer this year.

Honored Contributor

no we don't partake.

Respected Contributor

We seldom get many Trick-or-Treaters anymore.  I do keep some candy on hand just in case.

Saw a lady on the news who spends $1 thousand on Halloween candy! 

Respected Contributor

If the weather is nice we usually get about a hundred trick or treaters. But when the weather is cold and rainy like it is today we get half that amount.   I like seeing all the kids dressed in their costumes and some say the funniest things!🎃