Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever worry about going to the movies?

@cherrywrote:

@gidgetgh  Heart  thank you ,I sometimes feel like I might be on the edge of cracking up

@cherry  Everyday and everynight I wonder if 2 of my loved ones will be here for another day.  So I "get" it.  I don't talk much about things here but one thing I learned-I cannot fix but I can enjoy every minute they are here.

So the Serenity Prayer gets me up in the morning and the Evening Prayer helps me ease down at night.

You'll be ok; I do suggest letting go just a little bit at a time; eventually this may not go away forever but you will learn to walk next to it instead of letting fear lead the way.

All the best to you.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3  Thank you my dear friend. I know you understand, and what a load you must bare ...Heart  God bless and protect all of you

Honored Contributor

No.

Esteemed Contributor

Our town cinemas have updated theatres to leather recliners with fewer people in each theatre. So, we're not packed in there like sardines. I do pay more attention to everyone who walks in the theatre. We get there early and observe more than ever before. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

no

Honored Contributor

@cherry

We went to see a "spiritual" movie in early evening during the week....and there was a somewhat suspcious guy with a backpack he kept walking around and wouldn't stay seated when the movie was over my sister turned to me and our friend and said lets get out of here FAST that guy gives me the creeps....nothing happened but the experience was a bit unnerving.....

At one theatre they have the ushers come in periodically and check things out...but even if they saw trouble what are they going to do say "RUN"!...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

The last movie that I saw in the theatre was Forrest Gump in 1992 in Key West.  It was a great place to see a movie.  While in my mind I know that anything can happen anywhere, I worry about places like movie theatres, so I don't go.  I also do not go to the mall.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

No I don’t fear of going to the movies but we go so seldom. The last two we saw were for kids because we took our 3 yr old great nephew — Sing and The Star.

Respected Contributor

Absolutly.  I went to a theatre that had a sign it was a gun free zone.  I didn't want to go in and never returned.  Sitting target.

Respected Contributor

NO , I am not afraid to go amywhere...I am armed...I refuse to live my life in fear..