Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever worry about going to the movies?

If you want to see the movie, @cherry, just go. You can't let these worries stop you from enjoying life.

I love films. My only problem is getting my husband to go. He's always happy that he did afterwards; he's just also happy to be a slug. :-)

I may just start going by myself. I used to that a lot. I want to see "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I'm somewhat of a germaphobe. Going into a movie theatre makes me very uncomfortable. I'd rather not go into one. I have enough stress even when I sit in any kind of waiting room or area. I don't like it at all.Woman Tongue

Super Contributor

I do, yes. I think about what might happen every time we're at any type of public event. I just say an extra prayer and take comfort in knowing I'm in God's hands no matter where I am or what we may face.
Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Honored Contributor

I used to really like to go at night, in a full house, It is a whole different atmosphere, than in the daytime

You probably get bombarded with cell phones. The last time we went at night, some lady kept checking her emails ,or something ,,and it was irritating to see her phone keep lighting up. It was right in my line of vision, and so rude

Esteemed Contributor

@cherrywrote:

I really never did until lately. We always go to an early movie that is about 2/3 empty

I am thinking about the new Panther movie, and just read some  person went to the flicks, looking to settle a score ,and shot the hitting the ceiling, trying to hit the intended victims

Even if you didn't get a direct hit, couldn't a bullet ricochet ,and still hit you?

It was a women!  Sheesh...they got her, thank goodness

I wonder why you singled out Black Panther.  After the massacre at the movie theater in Colorado that would have deterred you from ever stepping foot in a theater.  The bottomline in the world we live in no public is truly safe.  If you want to see movie go see the movie.

Honored Contributor

The last movie I went to see in theater was  The Bridges Of Madison County....so along time!  I will never go to a movie theater again. I just think you are setting yourself up for either being blown apart buy some random nut on a shooting spree... or having your car broke into. 

Now with great TVs we can buy  and all the movies you can rent, why go to the theater?

Honored Contributor

It wasn't singled out .It is a movie I have been thinking about, and I read about an incident ,and sort of felt a bit unsure

I live in an integrated neighborhood, and have for most of my life ,and I have black relatives. There is no racial motive at all @qbetzforreal

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:  just read some  person went to the flicks, looking to settle a score ,and shot the hitting the ceiling, trying to hit the intended victims

Were the victims swinging from a chandelier or trapeze?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I just can't worry about everything, I just live my life. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

She might have just been shooting wildly @Mz iMac  I don't know if she shot more than once  . Maybe she never shot a gun before. I never have. I wouldn't be able to hit the broad side of a barn