Honored Contributor

Do you ever worry about going to the movies?

I really never did until lately. We always go to an early movie that is about 2/3 empty

I am thinking about the new Panther movie, and just read some  person went to the flicks, looking to settle a score ,and shot the hitting the ceiling, trying to hit the intended victims

Even if you didn't get a direct hit, couldn't a bullet ricochet ,and still hit you?

It was a women!  Sheesh...they got her, thank goodness

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever worry about going to the movies?

I rarely go to the movies and never to see any sort of violent ones.  Usually by the time I see the movie it's been out for awhile and if there are a dozen people in the theater it's a lot.  I do not like crowds.

Honored Contributor

This could happen in a restaurant, train, highway, concert - anywhere at all. I don't see why the movies would be a place that is more dangerous.

Doesn't concern me at all. I thought this was a thread on bedbugs.

Honored Contributor

I think you heard one of those false stories that racist element has been spreading.  They said that element was out spreading garage stories like that.  The only thing about the movies that worries me is people who bring screaming babies and babbling toddlers and ruin the movie for everyone around them.  

Honored Contributor

The last movie I went to see was Thanksgiving night 1995 to see Golden Eye (James Bond).  I cannot stand to not be able to stop and start back up so I just wait.  Have not missed going but loved saving the $$ on the tickets.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I thought this might be sort of fun to see at night with a crowd. It is really gotten such good reviews. I'm sure my husband would really like it, even I ,might like it, and I usually don't go in for this type of film

Honored Contributor

@cherry we went to a matinee maybe 3 weeks ago.  I had a fleeting throught before the movie started, what if something happened, where would we run?  I had to just push it out of my mind, and did.  The movie theater we went to has not allowed backpacks in a few years, so that helped.  But I'm sure I'll think long and hard before we go again.

(we do want to see that movie too)

Honored Contributor

It was on smoking gun @chrystaltree  I think they only do  actual arrest stories

Honored Contributor

I worry a bit about bedbugs too. My son brought them home in his luggage on a Britsh Air flight

Honored Contributor

A man was shot and killed in a movie theater near my home, several years ago, theater was not crowded, night during the week, and a young man, 24, just turned a gun on an older man in the theater, said he just wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone.