Respected Contributor

Re: Do you ever wonder what happened to people after you gave them directions?

I'm horrible with directions and heaven help anyone who ever asks me. I live in the town where I grew up and give directions according to landmarks, even those that are no longer there! My ex used to get so frustrated with me because he thought I should give directions according to east/west/south/north and I was clueless. When I first visited his hometown in Kansas, I finally realized why it was necessary and easy for him to use those. It's not the same here on the coast. When told I should travel north or south, I'm completely confused.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I'm horrible with directions and heaven help anyone who ever asks me. I live in the town where I grew up and give directions according to landmarks, even those that are no longer there! My ex used to get so frustrated with me because he thought I should give directions according to east/west/south/north and I was clueless. When I first visited his hometown in Kansas, I finally realized why it was necessary and easy for him to use those. It's not the same here on the coast. When told I should travel north or south, I'm completely confused.

@Carolina925 

Back when people who worked in gas stations actually knew the area they worked in, I always directed people there. 

Once, out of kindness, I told someone asking for directions that I had no idea where that place was.  I did know, but there was no way I could have given them uncomplicated instructions that would have gotten them where they wanted to go.  lol   Woman LOL

Respected Contributor