Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever wonder what a woman would see in getting involved with a prisoner

After the NY prison break and then the return of one of the prisoners to jail, the local news here interviewed a woman who was in written communication with the caught prisoner. She had nothing but praise for the man and of course the head shot was shadowed in place during the interview.

That was a brief 15 minutes of fame.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you ever wonder what a woman would see in getting involved with a prisoner

Not any woman that has a brain. Last I heard there were more men than woman. Has that changed? If not, why any woman would take up with a prisoner escapes me.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

They are obviously sick, or dumb, or a combination of both.  These women like to live dangerously.  They are the same type who are trying to join ISIS because they find these men exciting.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

So they can be "married" without having to actually "be" married........they don't have to do anything except visit.

Maybe they have some sort of savior complex.

Honored Contributor

It occurred to me that most of the "courtship" with an inmate would take place in the form of letters, and not spontaneously, in real time.   Replies could be thought out and carefully worded, not in the moment, in person with the other.   It's rather bizarre.

Didn't one of the Menendez brothers also get married?   

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's the need to 'fix' someone?  That old nurturing thing?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Drythe, I think that has a lot to do with it.

Honored Contributor

Maybe a woman with control issues likes to know where her man is every minute?

Super Contributor

Did anyone watch the documentary show "Prison Wives" from about 5 years ago? It aired for one season on WE or OXYGEN network. It was very interesting and examined different types of these relationships, all different situations.

Some of the stories you just shook your head at, but others were less easy to judge. And I also think it makes a difference whether the couple had been together prior to the incarceration, or whether they met after one partner was already in prison. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

I don't know either, they are not contributing anything to a household or relationship.

Maybe that's why, they can say they are married but don't have to cook, clean or listen to him talk LOL

If a single woman with children marries a prisoner, it then becomes the state's responsibility to help support those children. Also, I think in some situations, prisoners are given prison jobs that pay and then that pay goes to child support. 

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines