Valued Contributor

And wonder why people say they haven't used the product but write a review anyhow? DUH!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever read reviews

[ Edited ]

Guess they should have an opinion section as well as a review section lol

are the 'reviews' along the lines of - that clothing item is too loud a pattern and I would never wear it

that jewelry item is too expensive for the gram weight and I would never buy it

everyone has an opinion and must make it known and I don't even review most products I buy here or anywhere else. 

first sentence - product you have purchsed and used

I find it funny that this got review and 80% found it useful, guess the other 20% wanted to state their opinion 

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 5.00.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 5.00.27 AM.png

Honored Contributor

Yes, I read them. 

I do not understand why reviews are allowed if the person has not bougt the item.  Leaving an opinion of something you do not own is not a review, IMO

Esteemed Contributor

I do....

Recently, I was interested in a Dennis Basso coat that was on clearance. Alot of reviews said the buttons fall off....I thought no biggie...I sew and I'll fix that issue.

When I got the coat....the buttons were sewn on well....I don't get it...Maybe they needed to buy a BIGGER size because they were putting too much strain on them.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I read reviews and wonder what they were expecting. There are bad reviews on cast iron cookware because it’s heavy. Well yes, it should be. I also wonder when people critique sizing if they even know what size they are. Sometimes the same item will say it’s too small while other say it’s huge.
Honored Contributor

Sometimes I do, and I mostly skim over them.  Some of them seem really stupid to me so I dont put too much store in them, and not just here on the Q either.  Amazon has some real humdingers!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like everything else in life, I notice what is beneficial or uplifting and tend to ignore the rest.

Honored Contributor

Yes I read them but I mostly use my own judgement.

The first question should ask if you purchased this item and if not, don’t use the review.

Respected Contributor

I think that some people just plain don't know what a product review is, or how it could be helpful to others, if done well.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was reading the Vitamix TSV reviews and they are all good. What I did notice was where they asked if you purchased or you owned this it said No? Maybe they never read to say Yes.

They look like honest reviews.