Honored Contributor

Do you ever fall asleep with your eyeglasses on?

I used to be able to tell when I was about to nod off for the night, but apparently I'm not doing that anymore.  More often than not, I wake up with my glasses on.

Of course, I wouldn't do that if I wasn't leaving myTV on, and I never used to do that either.  So what happens is, I suddenly wake up because I hear the TV (as low as I keep it that's a miracle), so I shut it off and then realize I have my glasses on too!!

After all of that, I can't get back to sleep sometimes for hours.

THINGS . . . they are a'changin.'  I think I'm getting older by the week in what used to be a year. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever fall asleep with your eyeglasses on?

All the time!  I actually kept my former pair, last time I had to upgrade my prescription.  Since my far sight has gotten about as bad as it can possibly get, now it's just the close up sight that's still getting worse.

So, my last pair of glasses is perfect for bedtime since I'm not trying to read or anything close - just watching tv to fall asleep.

I have so much trouble sleeping that I'll take whatever I can get!  but I'm glad I have the other pair to put on at bedtime.  Sometimes I do take them off and put them next to the pillow with the remote, but at least if I fall asleep with them on, or even knock them off the bed or something, I'm not hurting my main pair.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

EVERY NIGHT! I have a pair of cheapie frames on this particular pair and considering some of the positions I wake up and  find myself in I'm surprised they aren't all bent and crooked. Probably if I fell asleep with my expensive pair on they'd bend the first time I rolled over.

Trusted Contributor

Yes!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only while sitting/lying on the couch, When I get into bed, always take them off before getting snugly for the night🤓  I don't have a tv in my bedroom.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it has happened. 
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

Almost always..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Every afternoon that I'm home, I have a "coffee break" around 4pm ... and afterwards, I'll be sitting there knitting and watching TV ... and I'll doze off.

Never in bed ... If I'm reading, the minute I start yawning ... off come the classes and off goes the light.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Yes, in fact I awoke this a.m. with glasses underneath me, bright light on and my Kindle by my side. 

I do usually know when I should close my book and fall asleep, but sometimes I fall asleep without knowing it.

Honored Contributor

Yes, but I wake up with a start and take them off.  I often slip my husband's glasses off him though.