Super Contributor

Re: Do you enjoy being teased?

When I was little, my brother used to tease me. It got to where all he would have to do is point at me and I'd cry. That was cruel. I was probably 4 or 5 y/o. To this day, I wouldn't like it if someone teased me. Not nice!

Respected Contributor

I think there is nothing wrong with light hearted teasing but as soon as it become frustrating and hurtful to one or more of the parties involved it needs to stop because IMO it then crossed a line that borders on abuse.

Frequent Contributor

In moderation it's fine although I'm against teasing children and animals.

My husband and I tease each other a lot and we laugh so much that it's great medicine!

Honored Contributor

On 7/9/2014 tansy said: Depends on what your definition of teasing is.

Esteemed Contributor

Depends on who's doing the teasing and the subject matter. Most of the time, I really do not mind.

Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 TheKingsMistress said:

In moderation it's fine although I'm against teasing children and animals.

My husband and I tease each other a lot and we laugh so much that it's great medicine!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} My DH loves to tease me, too. I just give him "the look" and then he laughs.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I was teased as a child.

I didn't like it at all but I noticed when I gave it right back to them they couldn't take it and they left me alone and moved to an easier target.

I had to stand up for myself as a child and as an adult or I would have been eaten alive!

Super Contributor

There's a difference between teasing and tormenting, and some people can't distinguish between the two.

Teasing can be affectionate, flirtatious or fun. When someone is uncomfortable over what's being said, or showing signs of being upset, that's not teasing, it's tormenting. I consider that abusive.

Respected Contributor

On 7/10/2014 reese2 said:

There's a difference between teasing and tormenting, and some people can't distinguish between the two.

Teasing can be affectionate, flirtatious or fun. When someone is uncomfortable over what's being said, or showing signs of being upset, that's not teasing, it's tormenting. I consider that abusive.

Perfectly stated. Bravo.

Honored Contributor

On 7/9/2014 occasional rain said:
On 7/9/2014 september said:

Within my family...not a problem. We have a long history together, and our teasing brings back some fun memories, and is well-intentioned.

I have 6 siblings, and we get a lot of laughs over some of the issues we had with each other in the past. All is forgiven now, and we're quite close. But did we tease each other as kids? Oh yeah....

And we still do it now. I don't mind it at all, when they ask me if I vacuum my driveway. I'm kind of a neat freak, and yes I do! They think I'm nuts. I'm okay with that.

But are you sensitive about being a neat freak? Is the teasing humiliating. Suppose your husband had a girlfriend would being teased about that be fun?

If my "husband had a girlfriend", the only one being teased would be him about how many assets he will lose in the divorce settlement.