Respected Contributor

I have 5 minute oatmeal with berries, some nuts, and a half a banana every morning.

I make it with water, then I swirl in a half a teaspoon of organic maple syrup.

Honored Contributor

Always--greek yogurt, veggies and egg white omelette!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Yes, I have breakfast everyday and I try to get as much protein in it as possible.  It could be a couple of boiled eggs, an omelette, a cup of yogurt, or a protein drink. Maybe once, somtimes twice, a week I go off the protein thing and enjoy some rye toast or steel cut oatmeal.  Aside from when I have yogurt or a protein drink, I'll always include a glass of Fairlife milk with my breakfast.

I eat a lot of protein too.  The greek yogurt I eat has 17 grams, and I eat a large egg white omelette too.  I probably eat 35 to 40 grams of protein for breakfast!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Yes. I love breakfast. I usually eat dinner at 5:00pm so I am hungry in the morning. These days, I usually have one boiled egg wtih peanut butter on whole wheat toast and coffee for breakfast.

Honored Contributor

I have coffee but I long ago made it a rule not to eat breakfast. All it does is stimulate my appetite and when I fast until lunch, it decreases my caloric intake and I eat much less during the day. It works for me and always has.

I do make an exception on holidays when we go out for brunch...

Honored Contributor

Yes, eating one-half of a grapefruit right now and will have on serving of bran cereal (without milk just dry) next.  I cannot stand milk but I do love my twig sticks.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you eat breakfast ?

[ Edited ]

Yes. Pretzels or something like that. Nothing hot or greasy.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I'm diabetic so its important to be consistant with getting my meals in and on a regular schedule.  I normally don't have a lot though.....sometimes it's a Nature Valley Breakfast Bar or a half of a Bagel w/ Cream Cheese.  Today, I splurged and got a half order of biscuits and gravy from a local coffee shop/cafe.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I cannot eat when I first get up.  I'm not hungry until after I've arrived at work.  I always have some sort of breakfast bar and my coffee. 

If I have a big breakfast, regardless of whether it's protein only or protein and carbs, I am more hungry all day long.  It's like it sets my appetite off. 

I absolutely detest oatmeal or whole wheat breads, bagels, english muffins.  I'd rather never have any bread again than eat whole wheat.    

Frequent Contributor

Usually french toast and coffee but I alternate on other days with a hard boiled egg, toast and coffee, sometimes oatmeal.  Wednesdays, like today, we have breakfast for dinner and I allow myself three strips of bacon.  Can't wait!