Honored Contributor

@pprmntstx -That is an interesting question.

It seems many or most do if we remember our dreams.

I don't have dreams often, or remember dreaming if I did, but when I do they are in vivid color with lots of details in the story and scene!

Sometimes a dream is so wonderful and if I wake up, I wish and try to go back to sleep.

The only time I definitely remember a dream in black and white was a recurring nightmare after I had my tonsils out.

@greencardigan .

I think I will join you at google and find out more!Woman Very Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

A medication I take makes me have vivid dreams. It's a side effect. They are not just in color. They are like watching a movie. There's a story and I can usually remember the dream. They seem real. If I am sleeping when I need to urinate I keep dreaming of toilets and bathrooms that are found in mazes of buildings and every time I find one it won't work or I'm not allowed to use it. I go from place to place in these dreams. They are in color. This continues until I awake and finally get up and go. I've had versions of the toilet searching dreams hundreds of times. 

A professor I had was totally blind from birth. I asked her about her dreams. She said that people in her dreams would be akin to what sighted people think of as stick figures. I don't remember if she mentioned seeing colors in her dreams. I also don't know how 

she could imagine what we think of as a stick figure and translate this image to what she sees. It's too abstract to conceive of, especially since she gets so much of her input about people from touching them in three dimensions, from reading about them in Braille and from hearing them.

Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

A medication I take makes me have vivid dreams. It's a side effect. They are not just in color. They are like watching a movie. There's a story and I can usually remember the dream. They seem real. If I am sleeping when I need to urinate I keep dreaming of toilets and bathrooms that are found in mazes of buildings and every time I find one it won't work or I'm not allowed to use it. I go from place to place in these dreams. They are in color. This continues until I awake and finally get up and go. I've had versions of the toilet searching dreams hundreds of times. 

A professor I had was totally blind from birth. I asked her about her dreams. She said that people in her dreams would be akin to what sighted people think of as stick figures. I don't remember if she mentioned seeing colors in her dreams. I also don't know how 

she could imagine what we think of as a stick figure and translate this image to what she sees. It's too abstract to conceive of, especially since she gets so much of her input about people from touching them in three dimensions, from reading about them in Braille and from hearing them.

Mindy, I also take a medication that causes me to dream vividly. Most of them are not pleasant. My recurring dream is of being stuck in a huge mall and not being able to find an exit.  Eventually I start running and if I stay asleep long enough I start flying. I struggle to wake myself up.  

Sometimes, I wonder why I take it, but the 2 times I have weaned off of this medication, I have been hospitalized.  I have tried other meds, but they do not work. Very frustrating!

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure I do.  Otherwise, I'd awaken somewhat 'depressed'.

Watching old black and white movies seems to maybe not 'depress' me, but I feel 'different' (not happy, not myself).  

So, when running across a black and white movie, I switch the channel.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.:

Btw, I almost always (if not, always) awaken 'happy' that I'm still here, on earth.   

It's a precious gift to wake up. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you dream in color?

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:   Especially Tea and Scones, and others:

Just last night, I ran across a movie called "Pleasantville".  

It related to my comments regarding dreaming in black and white vrs. color.

What a movie.  I suggest watching it.

Stars Reese Witherspoon in her younger days. 

About her going back in time to the fifties.  And her dilemma regarding everything being in black and white vrs. her usual, normal life in color.  And then colors begin to appear, 'little by little'..........

Movie well done.  Cast, setting, fashions, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I do dream in color, and sometimes they are very intense. Last night I was chasing someone who had stolen an elderly ladies purse in Wal Mart. Woke up before I could catch them too. 

Valued Contributor

@ROMARY  Thanks for reminding me about that movie.  Loved it!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I remember seeing colors in my dreams. I'm not one who has reoccurring themes to my dreams. It's funny how a person can tie something that happened during their day into their dreams. It's all switched around, but I often can see the relationship to real life and my dreams.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  I'm not on any meds, but I have the same experience. A movie unfolds each night. I could write up the screen plays, but no one would understand except my family Many times I have to find a toilet, but not always. I looked it up, and looking for a toilet either means you have to pee or you are not setting aside enough time for yourself. I also dream about airplanes crashing and buildings falling around me. Haven't looked them up yet.