Respected Contributor

Do you do a price comparison before purchasing?

Just curious.... because, QVC doesn't always have good prices. 

They have a Radley Bag on QVC which is FAR more because, on the Radley website, the item is on sale. I just purchased it!

QVC is carrying a car wash that is over $10 more (plus shipping- FREE on Amazon)

Always check... The Dooney bags are often on Sale on Dooney.com AND, they have lots of colors choices AND, an Easy Pay (for those interested) 

Shoes are another item to check!

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you do a price comparison before purchasing?

Absolutely! I've found many things cheaper especially on amazon. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3, you are a smart shopper. 

Honored Contributor

Of course!!! I may see something on QVC or HSN but always check to see if the item is available elsewhere cheaper and usually with free shipping.

Respected Contributor

Always, the days of QVC having great, competitive prices is long gone. 

Honored Contributor

Always, why would you not ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I can be a little picky about what I buy as far as size, color, fabrication etc etc so when I find my exact item, I then don't spend time with price comparison.

I shop mostly outlets.

But if I find something I really want on Q, I'll buy.

Honored Contributor

No I don't often compare prices. I have a few places I buy from and know what I like and most importantly what I will wear and feel good in.  And I have a good idea what is a fair price for certain pieces.   And for what it will be worth to me--how much will I wear it, or do I need it for a special occasion. 

I'm not a hobby shopper, and what I buy is pretty basic, so if I see something I like and know I will really wear, I buy it.  That keeps me from buying a lot of near misses and having stuff I won't wear hanging in the closet. 

I don't really like shopping, but I love going to my closet and having something nice to wear. 

Honored Contributor

Of course, for example I am a fan of Denim and Co but I buy it all on ebay for half the Q price. 

Contributor

Occasionally I do some comparison shopping. I have purchased NYDJ on their website because jeans are cheaper there than from the Q. No tax on clothing here in NJ.