Esteemed Contributor

I cook often. Also went back to baking a couple of years ago including bread. Just like grandma taught me.

She always thought ""store bought"" was inferior to what she could produce.

What's old is now new again.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/24/2015 winamac1 said:
On 3/24/2015 magicmoodz said:

I cooked Friday night as I had some family over.

In general..I do not cook. I make egg white omelettes for breakfast and have greek yogurt--for dinner, it's steamed veggies and chicken or shrimp. That's the extent of my cooking.

I guess I don't consider it cooking as it's basically no added ingredients or recipes and it's just throwing items on the stove or in the microwave with little preparation.

DH does not cook.

win, does your DH eat as healthy as you?

I have only started cooking the last 1-2 years. I don't make fancy meals and we eat out of bowls every night. Dinner is usually chicken, fish or seafood and roasted veggies with quinoa or something like a salad with chicken, black beans, red pepper, green onions and salsa.

AT home he does, LOL. I know he gets c a r a p p out, on occasion, though. Plus, he loves corned beef on rye, and he gets that at Jason's deli! It's a huge sandwich Magic!

It sounds as if you two are very healthy!!!

I only wish we ate like you, win. We are evolving into eating much healthier than we did, but there is still room for improvement.

Hope all is good in your world, win. Just when I put my boots away, we got 6-7 inches of snow yesterday! {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Honored Contributor
On 3/24/2015 wookie said:
On 3/24/2015 HollyDays said:

You can taste the love in some people's food. Hard to explain but I think you know what I mean.

Yes, you can taste the love in some cooking. I think that is because of the attention to detail some cooks strive for. I didn't know how to boil water when I got married. My mom worked full time, but didn't allow us kids to cook. We were the dish washers. Smiley Happy I learned to cook from bookclub free book offers. Remember those? I always chose cookbooks for my freebies.

Hi Wookie! ITA. I've been cooking, as many here already know, since approximately the beginning of time. Smiley Happy One of the things that can set my cooking, for example, apart from some others is that I have a very sensory approach.

I respect the ingredients. I write a lot of recipes and place a great deal of importance to things like the order in which they are added, the WAY they are cooked and handled, and I know right away what I want to make them create.

It probably sounds silly to some but it makes a lot of sense to me. I think that the desire to create something wonderful is a part of it. I'm not one for just dumping a bunch of stuff together and turning on the heat. You'll never get food that is as good as food created by somebody who really wants to make it special and make it good. It might not be as easy or as convenient (well, let's face it - cooking IS easy. It's not rocket science), but it will always be excellent food and that is what matters to me. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm always cooking!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Why Do You Ask?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor
On 3/24/2015 chickenbutt said:
On 3/24/2015 wookie said:
On 3/24/2015 HollyDays said:

You can taste the love in some people's food. Hard to explain but I think you know what I mean.

Yes, you can taste the love in some cooking. I think that is because of the attention to detail some cooks strive for. I didn't know how to boil water when I got married. My mom worked full time, but didn't allow us kids to cook. We were the dish washers. Smiley Happy I learned to cook from bookclub free book offers. Remember those? I always chose cookbooks for my freebies.

Hi Wookie! ITA. I've been cooking, as many here already know, since approximately the beginning of time. Smiley Happy One of the things that can set my cooking, for example, apart from some others is that I have a very sensory approach.

I respect the ingredients. I write a lot of recipes and place a great deal of importance to things like the order in which they are added, the WAY they are cooked and handled, and I know right away what I want to make them create.

It probably sounds silly to some but it makes a lot of sense to me. I think that the desire to create something wonderful is a part of it. I'm not one for just dumping a bunch of stuff together and turning on the heat. You'll never get food that is as good as food created by somebody who really wants to make it special and make it good. It might not be as easy or as convenient (well, let's face it - cooking IS easy. It's not rocket science), but it will always be excellent food and that is what matters to me. Smiley Happy

I would LOVE to sample your cooking, chickenbutt.

Frequent Contributor

I cook 5 nights a week for my family. I take friday & saturday nights off.

Honored Contributor

I cooked Friday night as I had some family over.

In general..I do not cook. I make egg white omelettes for breakfast and have greek yogurt--for dinner, it's steamed veggies and chicken or shrimp. That's the extent of my cooking.

I guess I don't consider it cooking as it's basically no added ingredients or recipes and it's just throwing items on the stove or in the microwave with little preparation.

DH does not cook.

win, does your DH eat as healthy as you?

I have only started cooking the last 1-2 years. I don't make fancy meals and we eat out of bowls every night. Dinner is usually chicken, fish or seafood and roasted veggies with quinoa or something like a salad with chicken, black beans, red pepper, green onions and salsa.

AT home he does, LOL. I know he gets c a r a p p out, on occasion, though. Plus, he loves corned beef on rye, and he gets that at Jason's deli! It's a huge sandwich Magic!

It sounds as if you two are very healthy!!!

I only wish we ate like you, win. We are evolving into eating much healthier than we did, but there is still room for improvement.

Hope all is good in your world, win. Just when I put my boots away, we got 6-7 inches of snow yesterday! {#emotions_dlg.mad}

I know Magic. It snowed in my territory yesterday and was 19 degrees! UGGGH

I'm seriously not perfect as far as my eating habits. Let me assure you of that, LOL. Overall, I"m good, but I have room for improvement myself!! Hope you have a great evening!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I do cook and we go through phases. Currently we are in an eating out phase and probably eat out 5 nights a week lately. I do cook quite a bit but I have been working a lot lately because I will be off most of the summer so I don't feel like cooking.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

On average I cook about 3 nights a week. Sometimes we just get tired of going out or take-out.

My husband never cooks.