Honored Contributor

Re: Do you comment under stories on FB?

Just a comment re: pickup lines - although it's flattering to think they're aimed at you as an individual, I believe they are spam/scam attempts - especially towards people they believe may not understand FB privacy settings.

These people are likely trying to get personal info, photos, and any info about individuals they can use or sell for various schemes or illegal activities, rather than actually flirting. Just say no ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

I don't often comment as I don't always want it to show on my firends newsfeeds everytime I liked or commented on something.

Respected Contributor

I have commented on stories on Facebook and I have received several friend requests as a result.  I ignored them and stopped commenting on stories that show up on my news feed.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I sometimes comment, but I also ignore the ridiculous responses.  Lots of trolls on these sites. 

Esteemed Contributor

@moto

If you post comments under stories, you can change your status to, "just me."  No one will see them but you.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I do post comments on facebook. I then learned exactly what an Internet troll is.  It reminded of behavior I used to see here.

There are people who are paid to disrupt and cause derision on sites they dislike.  The more comments they receive on the posts, the better they like it.

My "blocked" list is quite length.  

Yes, I've been hit on , usually by a friend of a friend.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

I comment on stories of interest, and like here, there are some terribly rude people trolling those threads.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the replies. I never answered back either on FB, I dont like to argue with people. I am still going to just hit like on whoever types what I agree with on FB. No more commenting for me on that site.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@moto

If you post comments under stories, you can change your status to, "just me."  No one will see them but you.

I wished I could count on that being true, but everything I've seen says when you comment on another's page or timeline, the comment is public or private based on that person/page settings. 

FB help states:

"There are no privacy settings for a user commenting on a Facebook page whose owner allows global access"

Honored Contributor

I never comment on public stories. My phone won't stop dinging every time someone else posts after me! I just post on subjects with my friends.

"Pure Michigan"