Honored Contributor

Re: Do you clean house on a schedule, or as you see it needs it?

I have things I do everyday....every say three days....and once a week.  Not a schedule really....but just consistency.

Honored Contributor

I've never been a schedule type of person.  I work 3 days a week and try to get most things done when DH is not home.  For some reason when he comes home early, my day seems to end early.

Respected Contributor

We do it as we see it mostly.   I dust and DH vacuums. We both tidy up/ clean the kitchen. Run /unload the dishwasher although he does that more.  I clean the bathroom more.  Doing laundry is about 50/50.  Whoever sees the basket full first.   We are retired too. But it has always been that way even when we had someone come in to do the major stuff twice a month.   We both live here so we both keep it clean.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

I noticed that every response was "I"....   Those of you who have husbands or other people in the house, they don't clean the house?  Do laundry?  

Honored Contributor

My housekeeper cleans every other week.  I try to keep up in between but if I really wanted to keep my house clean up to my standards, I'd have to get a divorce.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Being retired I do it when mood strikes or I see something that needs attention.  I was raised in a house where everything was done on a strict schedule.   Monday wash day, Friday grocery shopping,  every morning you dust mopped, kitchen floor mopped after evening meal which was at the same time each day.  I still like a clean house but just choose the time.  

Esteemed Contributor

Like many others, I gave up a rigid schedule when I retired.

I keep us with many tasks daily, but then other things can wait.  I wipe down three bathrooms daily, keep the kitchen clean, and do laundry every day.  My Dyson does a great job of cleaning the floors in our kitchen and family room daily where we spend much time.  DH does vacuuming, errands, and grocery shopping.  He cooks quite a bit.

Life is short.  A woman I admired on many levels once told me “dust is a great insulator.”  She was an accomplished painter and loved to read.  And had an amazingly beautiful home.  

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   LOL

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I have someone else clean my house on a schedule. 

@FrostyBabe1   I'm to hesitant  to rehire my service w/ the rise in covid cases now. I cringe when workmen or service people have to enter the house. 

Trusted Contributor

I do like to clean...cleaning helps me mentally and I love the way cleaning helps me though.....I just like things tidy and it's just me I am cleaning up after Smiley Happy