Honored Contributor

Re: Do you clean house on a schedule, or as you see it needs it?

When I retired schedules went out the window.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Schedule.  I like to start the weekend with a clean house so on Thursday I do my "big" clean.  We are  tidy and pickup up and vacuum daily so it's not too bad.  I do laundry almost daily - I prefer to not have a massive amount to do at once.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to adhere to a strict cleaning schedule.Now I clean as needed. My house is still clean .I'm just not paranoid about it. Also since my son moved out the house is a lot cleaner.His room & bathroom are barely being used.

Trusted Contributor

Hazel, my Shark robovac, is on a schedule. Me, notsomuch.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus I do it pretty much exactly the same way as you do.  I never had a cleaning service though.  I am a neat freak so my house is never really dirty and I find breaking it up this way helps the arthritis in my back too!

Honored Contributor

I have certain days for absolutely everything.  Cleaning, grocery store, other shopping outlets and even my library days.  Monday and Tues. are my usual do nothing but go to work then home days.  Still even living alone after I my fix dinner I sweep and sponge mop my kitchen floor.  I cannot abide seeing or feeling anything on the floor.  Dust can build up during the week but I must have clean floors.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I work so most of my stuff is done on the weekend.  Most laundry, grocery shopping and cleaning.  Whether I do it Saturday or Sunday depends on what else I have going on.

Super Contributor

I'm retired and usually just clean stuff as I see it being needed.  The only things I clean religiously is the kitchen and bathroom. 

Man plans. God laughs.
Respected Contributor

My motto...

ALTHOUGH YOU'LL FIND OUR HOUSE A MESS, COME IN, SIT DOWN, CONVERSE Country  Sign | eBay

Esteemed Contributor

I clean it often, but not on a schedule. Husbands tend to quicken the pace of cleaning.