Respected Contributor

Re: Do you clean house on a schedule, or as you see it needs it?

Loose schedule - daily, weekly and every other for different things but not necessarily the same day of the week.  I'm retired.

Honored Contributor

Been married over 40 years and try to stick to a schedule, that is how I feel I will get the job done, just stick to the schedule if possible . 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely as I see it, no schedule..I do put things away and 'pick up' everyday as I hate clutter....my mom however, cleans by a schedule, every Tuesday at 10 am the spare bathroom gets cleaned whether it needs it or not😜

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

I pick up and de-clutter almost daily, but for deep --- move the furniture around dusting and vacuuming, behind and underneath,  the Moon has to be in the right House.  

Super Contributor

Since I am still working full time, I try to at lease de-clutter the house on a daily basis. Hubby is retired so he does the dishes and vacuums when the dog hair gets too bad. Smiley Happy.  Any other cleaning I do when it needs it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No schedule for me, just when things need done!Man Wink

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Hubby and I still work fulltime, so we do a little every day, so that we don't spend Saturday mornings cleaning! We keep our home super clean anyways, because we are both neat freaks, but as far as vacuuming, dusting and laundry, I will do vaccuming one day, and then the next I will dust, and laundry, I do about twice a week......

We pretty much do things as needed regardless of the day. We like our weekends free to do things we like,since we work all week.

Since March I have been working from home, and I can get a few little things done here and there much easier as well.....    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

@Shanus I do it pretty much exactly the same way as you do.  I never had a cleaning service though.  I am a neat freak so my house is never really dirty and I find breaking it up this way helps the arthritis in my back too!

@LindaSal   We would not have the service either once DH retires (we live only a mile from his office...great location). This house is way too big for just the 2 of us. When he decides to call it quits, we'll downsize. Whenever I bring it up, he thinks how many times he runs back at night to get papers, meet clients, etc. 

I've been managing fine w/o the service since March, so we'll see how it goes.

Respected Contributor

With a schedule, my home is in better shape but I'm slowing down and have to push myself to stay on one for any length of time. For the past few years, I make a list at night for the next day and use a timer for work/breaks as I'm prone to taking long avoidance breaks. The timer really helps keep me moving.

Honored Contributor

Just when I thought paying off the mortgage was an accomplishment, now I have to keep it clean?