Honored Contributor

Do you clean house on a schedule, or as you see it needs it?

For me, I prefer do it as you see it.  I'm retired, so it suits my lifestyle.   I don't care for schedules anymore.  

So do you use a schedule, or do it as you see it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you clean house on a schedule, or as you see it needs it?

@qualitygal wrote:

For me, I prefer do it as you see it.  I'm retired, so it suits my lifestyle.   I don't care for schedules anymore.  

So do you use a schedule, or do it as you see it?

I'm with you.  I'm retired, too, and love the no-schedule lifestyle.  I was such a Type A personality when I worked and wish I'd learned how to chill a long time ago.  

Respected Contributor

I usually do it the same day each week.  Same with grocery shopping.  I am retired and I do like a schedule, with flexibility of course.

Trusted Contributor

When I was still working definately everything was on a schedule.  Now, retired, as I see it and even then sometimes I still wait 'till I am in the mood.Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Schedule. Works better to squeeze in 10 minutes of cleaning than to let it turn into a bigger more involved chore.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm retired, so I prefer to do it as I see it.  When I was working, I had no choice but to be on a schedule.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like to schedule my cleaning because it's too much to do at once and easier to break it up. Linens changed, towels are washed one day, other laundry and bathrooms done another. The kitchen has its own day and dusting and vaccuming has a day of its own, too.

It works doing some cleaning or straightening up every day...much easier now since not much else on my social calendar. When things return to some kind of "normal", I'll go back to having my cleaning service once or twice a month and do my touching up in between. 

***DH does pitch in on the weekend.

Honored Contributor

I clean when the spirit moves me!  

Esteemed Contributor

I clean daily but certain rooms or areas of the home.  I do tons of laundry each week though, almost a load per day.  

Honored Contributor

I vacuum a lot when I see it.  I used to keep a schedule when I was working from campus.  Now I'm back working from home, so I clean as a see it.  Strange feeling stopping work at home.  Then cleaning the house.  Some housework I still keep to the old schedule.  Friday evening laundry.